doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SWAMPMAN Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 11/13/15 02:35 AM
I have always wanted a good double rifle. Family, college tuitions etc have in the past put it out of my reach.

However I did end up with a couple of interesting guns. First a Baikal short shotgun (20") that I had fitted with Tangfolio barrel inserts made for that gun. They are chambered in 45/70. Anyone have any experience with something like this?
Posted By: Hoot4570 Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 11/13/15 10:57 AM
My brother has a Baikal .45-70 double rifle that came just that way. I haven't played with it though. I can ask him about his if you wish. What would you like to know?
Posted By: skeettx Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 11/13/15 12:16 PM
http://eaacorp.com/gun_accessories/index...ert-101454.html
Posted By: SWAMPMAN Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 11/13/15 02:28 PM
Hoot,

I am interested in the pressure levels he is staying within on his loads. I am using cast bullets 405 grains and some jacketed bullets at 325. I am doing the best with 405. The data out there is confusing as there are many different types of actions that handle 45/70. Trapdoor level pressures are probably good enough but I have read that lighter bullets faster loads,as those for the Marlin Guide Gun and the West Co-pilot, are supposed do well in these Tangfolio barrels.
Thanks very much

Swampman
Posted By: Hoot4570 Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 11/16/15 01:44 AM
Hello Swampman,

I spoke with my brother this weekend. He has used mostly "Trapdoor loads" but, due to a logistical snafu (his rifle went "missing" for a while), he really hasn't shot it much.

Hope this helps a little,
Hoot
Posted By: SWAMPMAN Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 11/17/15 02:11 PM
Thanks Hoot. Any help is welcome and appreciated. The barrels are regulated by some collets. In addition the right loads make a big difference. I will continue to work on this. But I don't think I will use it for our deer opener on Saturday.

Swampman
Posted By: crs Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 11/19/15 03:17 PM
I put a .45-70 barrel insert in my scoped Savage turkey gun (.22 hornet over 12 ga) and from the bench it shot plenty well at 100 yards for deer hunting out to that distance.

Posted By: sharps4590 Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 11/26/15 12:16 PM
crs, where are you? Gotta be the desert SW. I haven't seen a staghorn cactus, (I think that's what it is), since I was stationed outside Phoenix at the old Williams AFB some 40+ years ago!!!
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 02/13/16 05:12 AM
I looked over couple of their double rifles one in .30-06 and one in .45-70. The .45-70 handled nicely. I wish they imported 9,3x54R along with ammo I would buy one of those just to try out.
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 02/17/16 03:21 AM
Jagermeister, WE wisht they'd be MAKING 9.3x54R and ammo laugh so you'd have to get in a long, long line smile

Rich Show from Penssilvania built a number of DRs and cape guns on Baikal action, and must be an expert on what pressure they can handle.
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 02/19/16 06:44 PM
I don't know if it's a coincidence or the Big Brother's watching, but I've read today that the Kalashnikov group is planning to make break-open guns (both single shots and double rifles) in 9.3x54R.
Posted By: crs Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 03/17/16 04:31 PM
Sharps45-90
That picture was taken in northeast New Mexico when we were shooting in the largest prairie dog town ever!
We had all taken our pronghorns and the ranch manager took us to a property which he said ended at the Colorado line on the north and the Texas line on the east. There were so many PDs that we moved less than a mile in 4 hours - great fun!
Posted By: big al1 Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 03/24/16 02:11 AM
Would anyone know Rich Show still doing the swapping of barrels?foremost is he still in business ?
Posted By: PeteM Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 03/26/16 02:35 PM
He is not in business. He has a lot health problems.
They prevent him from gunsmithing and use of a computer. I have his telephone number. I will give it to any one who sends me a PM. He would love to chat...

Pete
Posted By: skeettx Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 04/22/16 07:07 PM
I do have and shoot an

IZH-94 in 30-06

https://www.gunsamerica.com/967104654/IZHMASH-MODEL-IZH-94-EXPRESS-30-06-OVER-UNDER-RIFLE.htm

Mike
Posted By: big al1 Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 04/26/16 11:31 PM
Can anyone tell me where the article is located on the Kalashnikov group that thinking about making a double rifle in 9.3x54R?Would they please this information?
Posted By: skeettx Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 04/27/16 12:55 AM
O/U not SXS

http://www.yorkguns.com/baikal-izh94-express-93x74r-overunder-24-and-quot600mm-barrel
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: Baikal Tangfolio double rifle - 04/29/16 12:27 PM
Originally Posted By: big al1
Can anyone tell me where the article is located on the Kalashnikov group that thinking about making a double rifle in 9.3x54R?Would they please this information?

That was from personal communication with their hunting gun brand developer in his blog.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com