doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Vol423 A Greener Martini Actioned Rifled Slug Gun - 09/13/13 01:50 AM
I bought a couple of 12GA rifled slug barrel from ER Shaw a few years ago, then I happened upon some Greener Martini Shotgun actions. I got one that was originally a 14GA police shotgun and the other is a Greener GP shotgun with a takedown barrel. I just finished making the stocks for the police shotgun and I thought I'd show it off. Rich Show did all the metalwork including installing the sights. He proof tested it with his own handloads and targeted it with Brenneke 3" slugs. If I recall correctly, he got better accuracy from 2-3/4 inch heavy slugs. I have only fired it with 2-3/4", one ounce slugs and Hornady 300 grain sabot slugs. It shoots low with the Hornadys so this gun is best with heavy slugs. It took so long to make the wood because the shotgun stocks are not the same as the large Martini rifle action. Sights consist of a front sight I took off an old Mauser sporter barrel and the rear is a Lyman to which someone welded a mounting bar. It works pretty well for the Martini. I haven't had the metal finished yet, and won't until I'm finished developing loads for it. The gun weighs 7-1/4 pounds and the recoil is pretty gently thanks to a straight stock. There is a single photo and a link to the album.

http://s396.photobucket.com/user/Vol423/slideshow/Martini%20Rifled%20Slug%20Shotgun%20by%20R%20Show
Posted By: bonny Re: A Greener Martini Actioned Rifled Slug Gun - 09/13/13 11:40 AM
Its a fine looking gun vol423 , i have a soft spot for the greener martini shotguns even though i don't own one.
I have decided that I really don't need two of them, so I'm going to keep the takedown gun. I just put this one up for sale on Gunbroker.
Posted By: bonny Re: A Greener Martini Actioned Rifled Slug Gun - 09/13/13 09:00 PM
There seems to be a dedicated following for martini, falling block and rolling block single shots, even in this world of tupperware guns. You should have little trouble selling it on.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com