doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Ludwig Borovnik - 01/19/13 02:43 AM
Hello,

I have a .300 WinMag double rifle by this maker in my possession. Imported by Flaigs.

Would anyone have some recommendations to gather information and valuation on this rifle? I emailed the maker, looking for basic information such as year of production, but have not heard back from them.

I'll try to get some pics posted in the next day or two.

Thanks!
Posted By: AkMike1 Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/19/13 05:02 PM
There should be date codes stamped in the barrels thta will tell you when it was proofed.
Like everything the value is by the condition of it.
Posted By: Gunter Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/20/13 07:14 PM
http://www.ludwigborovnik.com/gewehre.php

from the website seems to be VERY top notch gunmaking in Ferlach, Austria!
prices should be accordingly

edit: looking at their offerings on the website, I would say that the actions of their guns are probably sourced from Merkel

regards from England
Günter
NRA Life 1974
Posted By: montenegrin Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/20/13 08:08 PM
$8,000 in standard configuration, double that if deluxe SLE. Without pictures and detailed description this is very approximate needless to say.
For comparison, my Borovnik DR is a BLE from 1965, caliber 7x65R. I offered it for sale here in Europe but it's not easy to move as most hunters seem to prefer 9.3x74R.

With kind regards,
Jani
Posted By: JayCee Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/20/13 08:33 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of Jani's DR (from Slovenia to Chile to the BBS, ;-)):

Enjoy,

JC
Posted By: JayCee Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/21/13 08:56 PM
And here is a close up:

JC
Posted By: Chasseur d'ours Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/24/13 03:37 AM
They make some really nice guns. My buddy and sometime forum member Capt Curl has a knock out 375H&H. I hope if he doesn't mind if I share a link with photos:

http://www.rbsiii.com/collection/rifles/borovnik_375/borovnik_375.htm
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/24/13 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Utah Shotgunner
Hello,

I have a .300 WinMag double rifle by this maker in my possession. Imported by Flaigs.

Would anyone have some recommendations to gather information and valuation on this rifle? I emailed the maker, looking for basic information such as year of production, but have not heard back from them.

I'll try to get some pics posted in the next day or two.

Thanks!

There is little point to buying sxs rifle in caliber .300 magnum. They cost "mega tonnage" and offer nothing in return when compared to high grade repeater like BAR (wonderful rifle that self-loading after first cartridge is fired until magazine runs empty). The only use for double rifle is stopping power of dangerous animals at 10 paces or less that is why dangerous game guides in some African countries really need them. Stopping requires heavy slug of 400+
grains at 2000+fps.
Posted By: montenegrin Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/24/13 05:00 PM
Capt Curl's Borovnik is extraordinary indeed! Thanks for showing it, Chasseur.

With kind regards,
Jani
Posted By: AkMike1 Re: Ludwig Borovnik - 01/25/13 02:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister

There is little point to buying sxs rifle in caliber .300 magnum. They cost "mega tonnage" and offer nothing in return when compared to high grade repeater like BAR (wonderful rifle that self-loading after first cartridge is fired until magazine runs empty). The only use for double rifle is stopping power of dangerous animals at 10 paces or less that is why dangerous game guides in some African countries really need them. Stopping requires heavy slug of 400+
grains at 2000+fps.

If cost is your deciding factor then why bother hunting? The supermarket has meat much cheaper per kilo than you'll get from hunting!
I have a Winkler (Ferlach) 300 H&H double rifle that serves me well.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com