doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PeteM Verney-Carron - 01/07/11 04:02 PM
Thought some might be interested in seeing Verney-Carron making new guns. Interesting combination of CNC, milling and hand work.

This is from 2007. All the hand work involved in making a double rifle.

Pete
Posted By: mark Re: Verney-Carron - 01/09/11 03:59 AM
Having been there it is more impressive in person than the video. Nothing is off the table when ordering a custom gun. When I have asked if they can do something not in the catalog the usual response after a moment of thought is WHY NOT!!
Posted By: PeteM Re: Verney-Carron - 01/09/11 09:52 PM
Mark,

Did not know you had been there. It must have been a great experience. How long ago was it?

Pete
Posted By: mark Re: Verney-Carron - 01/10/11 02:11 AM
Pete, I did some training there last March. I am doing service work for them as well as selling there double guns. They have assembled a great group of craftsmen and put out a 1st rate product. They made me feel very welcome there.
Posted By: tw Re: Verney-Carron - 01/14/11 06:13 AM
I just spoke with them at the DSC show & they had a lovely 20 bore O/U, recently compleated, that was quite tempting; also a to scale 28 SxS that was more conservative, but exquisite in its own right at roughly half the price of the 20. Either would make a wonderful and lively companion, IMHO. The 20 would have required a bit of bending, for me, but was close as built. Should any be in Reno, see them for yourself. Twenty people in the firm at present; dates back to what(?)1650 or thereabouts. Very nice products, excellent execution and good people.

I know I'm on the double rifle side; no matter, they do not get much discussion on the shotgun side; go by and introduce yourselves. The DR's they are displaying will speak by themselves also;-) I think you will find their willingness to discuss their guns and your desires quite refreshing. I did. That 20 is REALLY tempting!
Posted By: mark Re: Verney-Carron - 01/14/11 02:08 PM
The top video is of the production shop. The bottom is an old one of the custom shop.

The 2nd one down on this site is a current one of the custom shop:

http://www.verney-carron.com/spot_tv/video-verney-carron.htm
Posted By: Birdog Re: Verney-Carron - 01/15/11 08:43 PM
Condradulations Mark on the new feather.

A "SL Eloge" over and under on VC's website:

Posted By: RHD45 Re: Verney-Carron - 01/18/11 04:28 AM
Wow! Something a bit different and very nice.
Posted By: ken/kebco Re: Verney-Carron - 01/18/11 12:42 PM
Notice the Boss style foream metal. I will have another gun with a similar forarm in the Verney-Carron booth at the SCI show next week in Reno. Booth # 2623. If you make the show, stop by and say hello
Posted By: jeweler Re: Verney-Carron - 01/20/11 02:57 AM
I am getting a Purdey that they have replaced the barrels. I assume the custom shop.Hope they did a good job.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com