doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: montenegrin Shooting the British Double Rifle (book) - 05/11/10 10:44 PM
I can buy the second ed. locally (for about $50). Is this OK or should I rather try to get the new, third ed.? What is the main difference between these two editions? Thanks.
With kind regards,
Jani
Posted By: AkMike1 Re: Shooting the British Double Rifle (book) - 05/11/10 10:50 PM
Get the new one Jani. It has alot more information than Vol. 2.
It's well worth the added problems.
I have all three and they just get better. The third edition is well worth getting even if you have the others. Lots more information and loads unlike Cartridges of the World that has some of the same errors in edition after edition.
Cheers,
Laurie
Jani:

One thing the third edition has is pressure testing of Mr. Wright's reloads done at Kynock that are in tons/square inch, real world equivelents to the pressures used back at the turn of the century.

Glenn
Third edition also has much more material on the Paradox type guns.
Posted By: Rd Show Re: Shooting the British Double Rifle (book) - 05/13/10 12:58 PM
Don't forget!thats metric tons per square in.! Rich
"Metric Ton" you say? I don't think so. A ton is a British measure of weight, and is in "pounds". The metric system does not recognize or use pounds. The more relevent question, and I had it as I read Graehm's 3rd edition, is it the standard ton, 2000 pounds, or the Long Ton, which is a very British measure of weight, and I think is 2200 pounds. That is the real question. BTW, by all means get the 3rd edition. its is far more informative and complete.
Posted By: hotrack Re: Shooting the British Double Rifle (book) - 05/14/10 12:19 PM
Here in Australia it's $50.00 Australian and a good read

Imperial measurement for 1 ton is 2240 lbs

Hotrack
Posted By: CJF Re: Shooting the British Double Rifle (book) - 04/04/20 03:45 AM
Anyone know of a source for the 3rd edition now (2020?) Looks like folks are either out or want $400.
Posted By: vern21 Re: Shooting the British Double Rifle (book) - 04/09/20 01:31 AM
I’ve wondered the same thing. I would like one myself.
Posted By: CJF Re: Shooting the British Double Rifle (book) - 04/09/20 11:43 PM
New record for asking price -- $950 shipped to USA. Awful lot for a book that was available for $50 ten years ago! https://www.biblio.com/book/shooting-british-double-rifle-modern-guide/d/1302720505?aid=aa&t=1
I'll top that and offer mine for an even $1k then. AND it's autographed. Shipping extra. smile
Posted By: CJF Re: Shooting the British Double Rifle (book) - 04/10/20 03:07 AM
Perfect! I just had the Monopoly board game out to play with my kids while we're all stuck in the house. I'll grab some cash from its bank. Two 500's ok or 10 x 100s?
Originally Posted By: CJF
Perfect! I just had the Monopoly board game out to play with my kids while we're all stuck in the house. I'll grab some cash from its bank. Two 500's ok or 10 x 100s?

Whatever the Post Office prefers when you buy the money order to send me. Shipping should be right around $100 even... wink
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com