doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Gerald A. Mele Sabatti Double Rifle - 03/16/10 05:29 AM
Has anyone got their Sabatti rifle? How do you like it? What is the quality like?

Jerry
Posted By: bavarianbrit Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 03/16/10 12:12 PM
I have a Sabbatti O/U slug gun which is a smoothbore with short bbls fitted with rifle sights for hand to hand combat against wounded wild boar, has a really good wood and the wood finish is excellent. Metalwork is also fully acceptable
They do a O/U and a SxS version.
Posted By: Brian Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 03/31/10 03:16 AM
saw one at cabelas in Hartford CT this past weekend. Nice rifle for the money. Barrels very well struck, not a riple. good wood to metal fit, nice job. Only real issues; the rear sight is kind of cheesy and the recoil pad is typical Italian cheapo. Both easy fixes. The one I handled was 45-70 with Double triggers. $2995.00
Posted By: mark Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 04/05/10 03:13 AM
I once herd someone compare "its a nice gun for the money" to "she's the best wife I could get with the car I had at the time"
Posted By: mc Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 04/05/10 07:22 PM
soooo, Mark what kind of car did you have? mc
Posted By: mark Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 04/05/10 09:51 PM
Mark, 28 years ago I had 5 cars so I could have at least one running. I married way above what I should have in all respects. Thank God she has not figgured this out yet!!!

Mark
Posted By: sabattistink Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 09/20/10 07:09 PM
Gentlemen, I have personally seen two Sabatti double rifles that would NOT work for more than 40 rounds or so. The forend irons are soft, making the gun nearly impossible to open due to excessive firing pin protrusion. I have also seen two Sabatti double rifles with severely defective barrels (chunks of metal missing near the muzzle). Don't waste your money on the basic model Sabatti. You will regret it.
Posted By: Bob Jurewicz Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 09/20/10 07:48 PM
Jerry,
Go over to the accuratereloading.com site. Many threads on the Rifles and they are all excellent reports from "real owner" and one of the best double rifle gunsmiths in the US.
I don't own one but would love to have the one with ejectors in 450 NE.
Bob Jurewicz
Posted By: mc Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 09/20/10 08:21 PM
i love it when people say that they have seen two guns that are crap. i guess you forgot to tell the second owner that it is crap. you didnt say if you owned both.what the hell does the soft forend have to do with the fireing pin protrution? am i not thinking of something?
Posted By: sabattistink Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 09/20/10 09:59 PM
Its not the firing pin protrusion when firing, its when opening. If the hammers aren't pushed back far enough, early enough as you open the gun, those firing pins will still be contacting the primer, and actually scrape the primer as the barrels swing down. The resulting mark on the primer looks similar to so-called "primer swipe" talked about by guys with automatic pistols.

The result is, you can't hardly open the gun. I don't mean stiff--I mean you have to break it open on your leg, with your hand on the end of the barrel.

As for "telling the second owner" I didn't put it back on the gun rack--Cabela's did. Its still there if you want it.

Believe me I have better things to do than sound the bell about these guns and listen to people imply that I'm a liar, but I can't in good conscience do nothing and have fellow gun owners put down 3k and get a lemon. Take it for whatever its worth people.

If you've gotta have a Sabatti maybe the expensive one in the old british calibers is ok, but the cheap 45/70 and 9.3mm is, IMO, not.
Posted By: AkMike1 Re: Sabatti Double Rifle - 09/21/10 03:35 PM
I find it very interesting that someone would come up with a name like this and all threads seem to have the same agenda on all forums. Is someone trolling?

All other report from owners that have many rounds down the tubes seem to like them alot.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com