doublegunshop.com - home
I A friend said I can use a form that you can download from the ATF and I have but someone told me they heard it was a head ache to deal with.Looking for a cheap price this is not a purdey!
Monty
Call the BATF, get the paperwork, fill it out, and wait.

The pain-in-the-neck factor will be the same one way or the other, and the biggest part of that will be the waiting.
Save the money and just deal with the process.
It's not that bad, but the wait is...

and nothing will make the waiting go away.

As for the price of having a dealer do it for you, it won't be any different (insurance might be marginally higher for a super high dollar gun...) if it's a .22 plinker or a best London double rifle.
Shipping and handling is shipping and handling.

Cheers
Tinker
any FFL holder can fill out a form 6 for you as an occasional import. Not all of them understand how to, or want to be bothered. If you can not find someone locally to do it for you, I would be happy to as I am a licensed importer.
Steve
Steve thanks I might take you up if I have a problem with my local FFL.but I don't mind the wait I have time ....at least I think I do.
Monty
Monty: You might consider having john Farugia of Cheshire Gun Room,Ltd. 29 Buxton Road, Heavily, Stockport, SK2 6LS - UK RFS G/M210, England handle it for you. His e-mail is info.cheshiregunroom.com. His web site is http://www.cheshiregunroom.com
His phone number is: 011 44 161 612 6602. He has done quite a few for me and is a pleasure to deal with.

Best Regards, George
I give a very strong second on the recommendation for Cheshire Gun Room on the UK side of the transaction.
I recently had them handle the UK export side of an antique importation to me here on the West Coast.

Slick, transparent, and professional.
Two thumbs up!

Cheers
Tinker
I noticed this guy charges 2.50 in pounds each day the gun sits there.If it took months it could add up.I will call him Monday
Monty
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com