doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 3978 rifled choke shotguns - 11/18/06 02:59 AM
Do these have thick muzzels ? Appears to have been bored out but remnants remain
Posted By: Marrakai Re: rifled choke shotguns - 11/20/06 02:54 AM
Most rifled-choke guns are slightly thicker in the muzzle walls than equivalent shotguns, and some early examples have a distinct 'swamped' look to the barrel-group as a result.

"Appears to have been bored out"
Most of us on this forum would happily crawl through broken glass for the chance to kick the perpetrators of such vandalism solidly in the nads.
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: rifled choke shotguns - 11/21/06 06:02 AM
Marrakai...I think he means it looks like the rifling has been bored out because it wasn't there to start with,except for the "Remnants" which are the couple inches of Paradox rifling at the muzzle.
At least I hope so..other wise I'm with the Nad Squad
franc
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: rifled choke shotguns - 11/21/06 08:18 PM
Franc,

Your clearly on track here. 3978 please note that choke rifling is only about two inches of rifling. The rest of the bore is and was smooth! The rifling can be of two types: earliest was ratchet rifling. That gave way to the more normal land and groove such as you see in rifles today. If Marrakai got it right, I'll join the squad...

Regards, Tim
Posted By: 3978 Re: rifled choke shotguns - 11/23/06 12:50 AM
This web site is great it takes a few days but the response is awsome . This gun is a 16 ga single, rifle sights single selective trigger,the bore is tight, full length except for last 2in which are tighter clearlly bored in from front but has remnant of rifleing at the end I,ld stand in line on the kick but the damage is done and would like to correct.

this
Posted By: JayCee Re: rifled choke shotguns - 12/09/06 01:20 PM
Sorry 3978, but what do you mean by "16 ga single,...single selective trigger"
What is there to select if it is a single?

JC(AL)
Posted By: 3978 Re: rifled choke shotguns - 12/12/06 03:03 AM
Sorry , single set trigger , didnt think they would put it on a smooth bore meaning it must of had some form of rifeling at one time
Posted By: John Mann Re: rifled choke shotguns - 02/05/07 01:16 AM
Is this German????
Sounds like it may have had a rifle barrel that has been lost.
Or it was intended as a slug type multi-purpose gun.
Very interesting.
Best,
John
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com