doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: MCummins32 Help with putting an age on this gun. - 01/12/09 05:28 AM
Hello, I am new here but was told this is the place of "Gun knowledge" on the internet. Can anyone please help with this question?
I have an old double barrel 12 guage marked "Springfield Manufactured by J.Stevens Arms Company Chicopee Falls, Mass USA" It does not have a model number on it what so ever, (at least I don't see one), however it does have a 22 w/a circle around it in front of the trigger guard. When cracked open it has a few numbers which I believe to be a serial number perhaps? It reads X86 0 98 and then a funny squiggle under that. This writting is on the left side. The barrel says "Proof Tested 12 Guage" I was told this gun is either made in late 30's to early 40's. Don't know how accurate this is so...can anyone here shed some light on this matter? Thanks for any help.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Help with putting an age on this gun. - 01/12/09 08:06 PM
MCummins32:

Post this in the first topic forum and you'll probably get all the info you can stand. A pic or 2 may be beneficial.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: MCummins32 Re: Help with putting an age on this gun. - 01/13/09 12:38 AM
My fault. Sorry. Thanks for the heads up.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com