doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Woody402 WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/03/23 12:09 PM
I’m looking for a cocking plate for a LC Smith field grade. It is missing as is the screw from the forend. So i will also need the screw. Thanks.
Posted By: rwarren Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/03/23 02:55 PM
Check with Jerry Andrews but last I saw….he did not have them. I ended up making a couple for guys and apparently they worked fine. They are easy to make and the screw (4-40) is nothing special, any machinist can make one in a few minutes. The screw hole locating might be a problem but otherwise with the correct thickness material you could make one by hand, they do need to be hardened. I have a rough drawing if that would help.
Bob
Posted By: Woody402 Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/03/23 03:49 PM
I checked With Jerry. No luck. Yes drawings would be great. I will see if I can find someone to make one.
Posted By: susjwp Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/03/23 03:52 PM
Lou Rotelli in CT could make one for you. He frequents this site as, I think, dgfix. Have you looked at Numrich’s web site. Post over on the LC site as well. I,ll check in my pile of parts as well.

Good luck.
Posted By: rwarren Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/03/23 04:32 PM
Shoot me your email by pm and I will send the drawing to you.
Posted By: Woody402 Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/03/23 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by susjwp
Lou Rotelli in CT could make one for you. He frequents this site as, I think, dgfix. Have you looked at Numrich’s web site. Post over on the LC site as well. I,ll check in my pile of parts as well.

Good luck.

I did Check Numrich. Out of stock. I will Post on the LC Forum. Didn’t know if I need To be a collector assoc. member to post.
Posted By: susjwp Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/04/23 12:02 PM
No you do not; on the LC club express site, yes. Buck Hamlin in Missouri May also have parts. I think I have a fore end from an R frame field grade 12. This was a parts gun that I cannibalized for lock parts. I,ll get back. Also Jack First, a parts company, in South Dakota has an array of parts. Can hurt to try them as well.

Good luck.
Posted By: mc Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/04/23 02:02 PM
A it is not a difficult part to make
Posted By: Hoof Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/08/23 01:09 PM
You have to pardon my ignorance, but if you post a picture of just what you are looking for I will wade through my pile o' crap and see if I have one. I decommissioned a few Elsie's a while back.
Hoof
Posted By: rwarren Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/08/23 03:22 PM
I don’t do pictures here…but it is a small plate 1/16 thick, roughly 3/8 wide 1/2 long with a hole threaded in the center, beveled on one end and radiused the other. It sets in the forearm iron and the cocking rods work against it.
Bob
Posted By: Hoof Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/09/23 05:34 AM
Sorry, I went through what I got and I can't help.
CHAZ
Posted By: bellasm Re: WTB LC Smith Cocking plate - 07/25/23 12:30 AM
PM sent.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com