doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bob Cash Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/10/23 02:53 PM
An absolutely beautiful, COMPOSED, sub gauge 2 barrel set.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: mc Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/11/23 12:21 AM
No case ,but the case is in the picture?
What do you expect for $12,500.00 ?
Posted By: Buzz Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/12/23 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
What do you expect for $12,500.00 ?
That is a pretty gun, but $12,500 for a short tang, composed pair??…..give us a break, Bob. Wow!!!! You better just go ahead and include the case for that over the top price, Bob. I know all about inflation now, but Jeeeeez.
Posted By: mc Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/12/23 01:14 AM
Hello Mr cash I have zero knowledge about this gun so my question is why is it worth 12500,I am genuinely curious.thanks mc
Posted By: Buzz Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/12/23 01:30 AM
It’s not. More like $3-4,000, maybe even less than that.
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Double Guns for sale & wanted by individuals...
Please submit only break open, double barreled, multi-barrel sporting guns and other fine firearms.
(Hint: A Remington 870 in NOT a fine firearm. An engraved Winchester Model 12 Skeet may be!)
If you're uncertain of an item's suitability for listing drop me a note.
No handguns, No paramilitary firearms or other non-sporting items .
Only members can list and modify listings. (Membership is free!)

Refrain from negotiating on-site...use either private messaging or public email.
Note: If you are not interested in buying the advertised firearm and have never owed it. Don't post extraneous garbage under the listings keep your thoughts off the board.

If you sell or locate and purchase you owe me $12.00
PLEASE - If you sell or locate a firearm based upon your ad...edit your ad to reflect either sold or found status. I will periodically review the ads and delete any ad older than 60 days, marked sold or found.
$12 fee applies to person who posted ad and was successful at either buying or selling a double gun or other fine firearm. (I would not turn away donations from the non-listing party.)

Check, Cash, or Money order to:
doublegunshop.com
Attn: Dave Weber
2664 Cannan Rd.
Bloomfield, NY 14469 USA
Originally Posted by mc
Hello Mr cash I have zero knowledge about this gun so my question is why is it worth 12500,I am genuinely curious.thanks mc

Originally Posted by Buzz

buzz you gasbag,
Could you please provide any listing anywhere showing any Belgian Browning Superposed,
28 gauge or .410 bore with 28" barrels selling for $3-4000 ("maybe even less").

I'll wait right here.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/12/23 01:04 PM
It would be impossible to show a listing for comparison because here again what we have is a Bob Cash upgrade. This is a composed pair and hence has no collector value. The short tang adds another angle. $12,500 is a collector price. Good luck realizing the $12,5k. I’ll eat crow if you get it. BTW, I’d be interested in that gun if priced considerably lower.
It would be impossible to show a listing for comparison because here again what we have is a Bob Cash upgrade. This is a composed pair and hence has no collector value. The short tang adds another angle. $12,500 is a collector price. Good luck realizing the $12,5k. I’ll eat crow if you get it.
So in essence (you back pedaling gasbag),
you're saying that if you take a stunning, field choked, 28 inch barreled 1967 RKST .410 bore (easily a $6,000 gun)
and have the "Best in the Business" Art Isaacson fit a proper Long Tang and add a complete set of impossible to find
Belgian Browning Factory 28 gauge, 28", field choked barrels (complete with its own fore end),
that I have devalued the original gun by 50% and that the extra barrel set has exactly zero value.

You really are stupid.
You could at least give a feller the nice case
Posted By: Buzz Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/12/23 01:57 PM
My mistake, I thought it was a 20/28 instead of 28/.410. Yes, it’s worth more than I stated. Sorry but $12,500 is still fairly high.
It would be impossible to show a listing for comparison because here again what we have is a Bob Cash upgrade. This is a composed pair and hence has no collector value. The short tang adds another angle. $12,500 is a collector price. Good luck realizing the $12,5k. I’ll eat crow if you get it. BTW, I’d be interested in that gun if priced considerably lower.
***Hey buzz, I see you changed your post and now you'd like to own this gun.
You should know that I would throw it away before I'd ever sell it to you.
My mistake, I thought it was a 20/28 instead of 28/.410. Yes, it’s worth more than I stated. Sorry but $12,500 is still fairly high.
Like I said, "You really are stupid".
My mistake, You are really stupid.
So buzz (you really stupid back pedaling gasbag),
You have crapped all over another of my posts/for sale listings.
You have once again made yourself look like the Idiot you are.
Do you suppose that might be the reason Mr. Weber has requested the following from a dope like you?

Note: If you are not interested in buying the advertised firearm and have never owed it.
Don't post extraneous garbage under the listings keep your thoughts off the board.
Originally Posted by Bob Cash

That's no way to be bOb....
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
That's no way to be bOb....

Nor should a JackAss like you wear such a fine hat, yet you do.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Happy New Year jOe!
$500 to Dave Weber should my gun sell on this website

If you are not interested in buying the advertised firearm and have never owed it.
Don't post extraneous garbage under the listings keep your thoughts off the board.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/15/23 09:31 PM
Hey 2lo8’s (ie, Bob Ca$h), Yesterday on GI you dropped the price on this composed pair from $12,500 to $10,500….then the listing said sold but today reappeared for $400 more at $10,900. When can one expect to see a stable price on this thing?
I’m pretty certain this gun hasn’t sold.
I’m almost positive I’d have known about it if it had.

I never tire of your incoherent blathering.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/15/23 09:50 PM
I’m pretty certain this gun hasn’t sold.
I’m almost positive I’d have known about it if it had.

I never tire of your incoherent blathering.
Thanks Bob. I appreciate honesty. I really do.
I think this is a wonderful gun, but I am curious about how the "Art configured" long tang got reconfigured into a short tang. If I were Art, I would have left it a long tang.
Sorry for any confusion.
The configuration of this gun is and will remain Round Knob LONG Tang.
Art installed the LONG trigger tang when he fitted the 28 gauge barrels.

And you are correct Mr M., this is a wonderful gun.

To the 2 jackasses who make sport of crapping on other folks threads,
you're known by the company you keep and your character's are understood by anyone who reads your bull$hit.
You guys don’t really believe you’re fooling anybody do you?
Posted By: AGS Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/19/23 11:52 PM
Not taking any sides in this but Lot 75 in the upcoming G&D auction should answer this question.
Posted By: mc Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 01/20/23 12:19 AM
When a gun has an unfitted unfinished barrels fit and finished to a gun by a factory trained individual what is the down side I know it's a very expensive proposition and a rare combination of gauge /caliber Barrel length.
Let's check in after the auction.
F8, 1968 28 gauge. I've never seen a 28 gauge Pointer sell for as little as $10,000
I'll throw out a guess, this gun will go for north of $15,000.
It's a scarce Pointer grade subgauge and a 2 barrel set to boot.

Show me 28/410 Pointers for $10,000 and I'll buy them all day long.

2/3
I see where this gun is a Salt Wood Superposed.
It will be interesting to see how this affects its price.
Originally Posted by AGS
Not taking any sides in this but Lot 75 in the upcoming G&D auction should answer this question.
I suppose it has,
Lot 75, a Pointer Grade, Salt Wood 2 barrel set, sold for $18,000.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Browning Superposed 28 / 410 2 barrel set - 02/05/23 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by AGS
I suppose it has,
Lot 75, a Pointer Grade, Salt Wood 2 barrel set, sold for $18,000.
It’s pretty shocking anyone would pay $18,000 for a saltwood,,,,even a Pointer grade subgauge. I’d hate to have to resell it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com