doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rocky mtn bill AcraGlasGel - 04/02/24 07:34 PM
This product seems to have disappeared from the market. I'd like to know why and what the best alternatives are.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/03/24 10:52 PM
I have been using Marine Tex woth great success.
Posted By: rwarren Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/04/24 02:37 PM
Brent, any issues coloring the Marine tex? If not, what are you using to color it?
Bob
Posted By: Ron Perry Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/05/24 04:09 AM
Bill,

Acraglas gel is listed on Brownell's web site. It lists for 17.99 to 189.99. Been using it for over 30 years. Am I missing something?
Posted By: keith Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/05/24 09:29 AM
Obviously yet another casualty of Bidenomics and lingering supply chain issues.

And did you see that after being pressured by the Left to change the name of Aunt Jemima Syrup, the factory that produced it in Danville, Illinois is permanently closing?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/05/24 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by rwarren
Brent, any issues coloring the Marine tex? If not, what are you using to color it?
Bob

I use the same black die that I used for AcraGlas. I get it from Brownells. I only use the grey version of Marine Tex, and I only die epoxy black. It seems to work great, especially for bedding.
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/10/24 01:43 AM
Keith

Up until recently I had an original bottle of aunt Jemima Syrup in the refrigerator

Has syrup in it too. Picture of her on the label. I was seriously thinking of putting it on eBay as it’s probably a collectible item. Figured they would delete it as soon as they got wind of it. Tossed it out as syrup probably 10 years old

John
Arrieta
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/10/24 04:19 PM
Ron, Brent: Yes, Brownell's has Gel now in the 2 oz size after none for over a year. What release agent works well with Marine Tex? And. of course, Keith, you're right about Biden being to blame for the Acra Glas shortage. As you'll recall, he campaigned on the promise to disrupt the Acra Glas industry. Oh,and has your Trump Bible arrived yet ? Did it come with the sneakers, or did you order them separately? Enjoy them both.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/11/24 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by arrieta2
Up until recently I had an original bottle of aunt Jemima Syrup in the refrigerator

Has syrup in it too. Picture of her on the label. I was seriously thinking of putting it on eBay as it’s probably a collectible item. Figured they would delete it as soon as they got wind of it. Tossed it out as syrup probably 10 years old

John
Arrieta

You must not be married, John. grin
Posted By: KY Jon Re: AcraGlasGel - 04/15/24 11:44 PM
I guarantee you that syrup was still good when you threw it out. I came across some honey which was over 30 years old. It was still fine. High concentrations of sugars seem to keep longer than we expect. It is sad that a long honored brand name is suddenly racist. Aunt Jemima and uncle Ben are such suppressed people. Do not forget the Native American or Native Canadian who was on a butter brand. All racist emblems of suppression and exploitation.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com