doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bill Graham Parker barrel removal (yep, another one) - 04/26/23 12:05 AM
I’ve run into the issue before, but it’s been a long time. Barrel will not separate from the receiver on a Parker VHE. Cocking hook release moves freely, have decocked the hammers, yet even with forend off, opening the gun simply re-cocks the hammers. Probably have something installed backwards. Suggestions?
Posted By: mc Re: Parker barrel removal (yep, another one) - 04/26/23 05:14 AM
I think the pin in the knuckle? I can look in the morning I have two that are apart I don't remember off hand ,getting old I guess
One way is to drop the trigger plate a release the hook from the knuckle with a small punch or pin, you just push back on the hook and they will pop off.
If the cocking hook pin and spring in the knuckle move easily but have no real resistance when pushing in with your finger then I’m guessing the cocking crank spring and pin are not functioning properly. Spring could be missing or the unhooking slide could be bound up with crud and not freely moving. It’s what pushes the cocking crank away from the cocking hook. If you have another Parker that comes apart and would like for me to illustrate this pm me with your phone number and we will visit with guns in hand. One picture is worth a thousand words.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com