doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Woodreaux Traditional Finishing Materials Resource - 10/28/21 03:11 PM
for those interested in finding traditional ingredients for traditional finishes, I discovered this small company out of Wisconsin today. They have a very impressive range of wood finishing ingredients.
Thanks, Woodreaux.

I wonder if Pilkington products can still be purchased.
Posted By: SKB Re: Traditional Finishing Materials Resource - 10/29/21 01:02 AM
The rust blue solution is still on offer, the wood products I do not know about.
Brownells lists pilkington wood finish as in stock.

The website I mentioned is more for those looking to make custom finishes of their own from raw components, especially luthiers.

Certainly not for everyone, but I've seen some on here looking for where they might find slacum components. Seems like Wood Finishing Enterprises is a company that can satisfy the Luddites & purists among us.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
May I offer another resource? Kremer pigments deals in some rare stuff used by pro classical oil painters, artists, and conservators. Including stuff for re-finishing rare musical instruments etc. They do carry some of the toxic old-school chemicals for some things -- so you might have to sign a waiver and insurance. VERY traditional stuff. Link: https://shop.kremerpigments.com/us/
Thanks Peter. will check that out
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com