doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: LetFly Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/03/21 10:42 PM
I have a Fausti O/U that requires new hinge buttons. I have the new buttons to install. I need some advice on the best way to go about this procedure. I assume that these are pressed in so I need some type of tool to press each out from the frame and then the new button back in again. Appears straight forward but if you have advice and experience I would appreciate hearing it. Thanks.
Posted By: mc Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/04/21 05:10 PM
Check with fausti you never know what you will learn.
Posted By: LetFly Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/04/21 11:16 PM
Thanks. Fausti, USA, out of VA, was great in getting me the new parts. They send all work back to their factory in Italy. I will do this myself. I am looking for some advice from the professional group as to how I might make a press that would function correctly both from the inside to press out the old button and then from the outside to press the new button back in. Some type of screw clamp modification. Again thanks.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/05/21 11:11 AM
Could you take a closeup pic or two of the button, and the old ones on the gun?

And, are you referring to hinge trunnions?
Posted By: SKB Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/05/21 11:17 AM
To get the old ones out you could start by making a threaded two piece rod and use it to push out the old studs. A press with blocks made to fit the action is how I would put the new ones in.
Posted By: LetFly Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/05/21 11:43 PM
Hinge trunnions, yes. Thanks. I will get a couple photos to help out.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/06/21 12:00 AM
Take a look at these, LF.

Posted By: eightbore Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/06/21 01:48 AM
How did you ever manage to shoot the gun loose? If you don't have an answer, I would be trying to get an answer from the Fausti people.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/06/21 01:52 AM
The Perazzi video is very entertaining, but is he sure the trunnion pins will fit the cuts in the barrel? How about the engraving? There is a lot more to this job than the video shows. Strange that my 682 Beretta has been flogged since 1985 with five sets of barrels switched back and forth and the trunnions are still tight as new. Of course, I paid the big buck for it....$1200.
Posted By: Colonial Re: Fausti hinge button replacement? - 03/06/21 02:17 AM
Drill and tap the old ones and pull out, with proper support of the action side wall?
Or??
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com