doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: zehyani making a stock for a benelli 20 - 12/03/20 02:09 AM
I have a benelli M2 20 g with the synthetic stock. I miss wood, like the gun overall.
I would like to figure out how to make or get a wood english stock for this gun. Why english, well why not. If this works, I would also like to switch out the forearm for a wood piece.

I'm a klutz with my hands and don't know where to start. I figure this may be a decent winter project if i can get it going. thanks. Feel free to laugh at me or mock me.

zehyani
Posted By: mc Re: making a stock for a benelli 20 - 12/03/20 01:36 PM
Use your stock for a pattern talk to someone who turns wood stocks about your project ask for ideas
Posted By: zehyani Re: making a stock for a benelli 20 - 12/04/20 12:40 AM
thanks. I'm going to have to find someone, but it should be a fun project.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: making a stock for a benelli 20 - 12/04/20 02:44 PM
Watch ebay they show up every once in a while.

a 20 is hard to come by...here's a steal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Benelli-20-ga-Montefeltro-Stock-very-good-Please-read-description-before-bid/233807584970?hash=item3670049eca:g:zvsAAOSwYc5fyWN3
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: making a stock for a benelli 20 - 12/04/20 03:06 PM
Here's the ebay item number... 233807584970

look at the head of the stock where it goes up against the back of the action if yours is flat like that one it will fit.
Posted By: zehyani Re: making a stock for a benelli 20 - 12/05/20 03:15 AM
Thank you very much. I want an english or straight stock. do you think I would be able to shave off enough wood to do that without making it too weak? If so, I'll get it.

I was thinking along the lines of a classic S/S stock pattern. I would drill a hole through it to let in the recoil spring and shave or grind the shape a little. i could also shim it to cast off with this and i have a couple of recoil pads/spacers etc that i could try to fit.

Appreciate all the advice.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com