doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: james-l Extractor barrels on an ejector Fox BE? - 04/01/20 05:53 PM
I have a BE fox that the original 30" barrels were cut to 26" by savage as it has their usual stamp of gauge and chamber length stamp. I have a set of 30" A grade Krupp barrels that fit up on the gun like they were made for it. Will it damage the ejector trips on the BE if I use them on the gun? According to the factory card the BE barrels were originally 30".
There is a simple fix to disable the ejectors of a Fox. Removal of a single pin. Try that.
Posted By: james-l Re: Extractor barrels on an ejector Fox BE? - 05/17/20 05:53 PM
I have the original A forend that works with the BE frame, my concern is the ejector trips that protrude from the frame when the hammers are down. They are slide fit on the mainspring follower and are not a direct connection when out.I guess the safest approach is to make clearance slots on the A forend.
Posted By: SKB Re: Extractor barrels on an ejector Fox BE? - 05/17/20 11:20 PM
You are correct in that the ejector tips will be damaged if fired with a non-ejector fore arm in place on a Fox ejector action.

I would think altering the hardened fore end iron on the extractor set would be a challenge. Might look into finding a new ejector iron or pulling the tabs.
Steve
Sorry, I know as much now as I did when I opened this thread. We're not all gunsmiths.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com