doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: RARiddell Napier’s of London - 09/30/19 08:49 PM
Has anyone tried their products, I bought some their stock shield and so far am pleased with it, really brought out some color in an otherwise dull stock. I’m going to try some of their London finish for an English gun I have.
Posted By: damascus Re: Napier’s of London - 10/01/19 12:37 PM
Beware! It is not the printed promises and the potions in the bottles, it is the skill you get from practice in doing a stock finish that produces a good looking English oil finish.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Napier’s of London - 10/01/19 03:28 PM
that I do understand, learned that many years back. I was just curious about the product itself!
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Napier’s of London - 10/13/19 11:45 PM
Well I bought a bottle, never done an oil finish before, I’ll let you guys know how it comes out!
Posted By: damascus Re: Napier’s of London - 10/14/19 08:39 AM
Arr! Grasshopper you have purchased the elixir with all its promise. Now I do not really like to indulge in the act of self advertising though for this first time I will. Because the label on your bottle is so small and the information given is of the same size, I am suggesting you visit the FAQ, "Frequently Asked Questions" section of this forum before you make a start, there you will find information on Oil finishing under the heading of "Damascuses tradition oil shock finish" I am sure you will find the answers to your future questions, that you did not want to ask! Hope things turn out well for you and your gun stock.

damascus
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Napier’s of London - 10/14/19 11:30 AM
I know there is no magic bottle, I saw an add and thought, well it’s time to try an oil finish. I have a provincial boxlock stock that was begging for help, Napier’s is from the UK and thought why not! So this is my first oil finish, it’s not perfect and I never expected it to be, I have a small dull spot and three little bubbles that will probably drive me crazy. But my first attempt ever and I’m pleased with the results. Damascus thank you for the link!

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com