doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: elton Zoli doubling - 09/18/18 10:14 PM
I have a A/F Zoli-Rizzini with single trigger that is doubling? Pull apart and cleaned the trigger group but still same. Is this a common problem with the single trigger setup? Anyone have disassembly instructions for a complete disassembly?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Zoli doubling - 09/19/18 01:43 AM
It happens to many good single trigger guns. Send the trigger group to a real trigger man and describe in great detail what it is doing. It won't fix itself ................it will only get worse.

SRH
Posted By: elton Re: Zoli doubling - 09/28/18 01:21 AM
Figured out the doubling issuean now working on getting the trigger pull correct. 4#on the first an 4.5# on second 😀
Posted By: Salopian Re: Zoli doubling - 09/28/18 07:26 AM
Elton,
Please explain the cause of the doubling and what you did to cure.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Zoli doubling - 09/28/18 12:18 PM
Maybe his working on the trigger pulls will cause more doubling.
Posted By: elton Re: Zoli doubling - 10/02/18 03:05 AM
Mr. Dudley do you do single trigger work ? My doubling was caused by the back screw over tightened. I now have trigger pulls of 4 and 6 #. and no more doubling. They started at 8 and 10. So Im happy with the results.
Posted By: elton Re: Zoli doubling - 10/02/18 03:07 AM
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and watched lots of Youtube. Now Im ready to be a gunsmith. Only kidding.
But I do have a elderly gentleman about an hour from me who worked for Purdey at one time and he coached me through the process. If I mess up my gun its my mess up. Im not a professional by any means and dont hire out. Stan said to send it to have fixed but didnt mention to who. and Mr. Dudley didnt offer. So I decided to do it myself. Took it apart without the stock was easy to see the back screw was binding things up. Was an easy fix.
Posted By: Salopian Re: Zoli doubling - 10/02/18 06:42 AM
elton,
Well done you .
Trigger work really is an art form that requires observation, patience, skill and common sense .
The latter seems to be difficult to find and cannot be bought.
Posted By: elton Re: Zoli doubling - 10/02/18 01:59 PM
If the current masters don’t become teachers the trade is lost forever. I’m thankful that a old world master as allowed me into his world that I want to be apart of. At 60 I learn everyday. I try to be a sponge every time i get to be in the his world. I only pray as you said that I have enough common sense to know that I know an ask for help when I don’t.
Posted By: elton Re: Zoli doubling - 10/10/18 01:10 PM
Had a great visit with Gunter Pfrommer from Virginia. Got some great advice an he is the real deal. Old world Gunsmith
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com