doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Lloyd3 Walter S. Parks III - 08/12/22 02:39 PM
My buddy Walter grew up in Midland Texas. As a young man he chased quail (& everything else) with a small Stevens 311 and his nickname amongst his early family was "Boot". Walt flew for the Marine Corps (the big CH53s) in Vietnam, it was there that he was exposed several times to Agent Orange. He spent most of his his adult years as an oil & gas landman, living in Durango, Colorado. It was there that he & I would chase big rainbow trout on the San Juan River below the Navajo Dam. Starting in the late 80s and up through the early 2000s, we'd fish it in all the seasons (and we caught some wonderful examples!). Walter passed away last Saturday from complications (from multiple cancers) associated with his service. He loved this country & the Marine Corps, the La Plata Mountains (where he hunted elk with a big .50 caliber Hawken rifle), hunting, flyfishing, and his wonderful family and friends. He will be sorely missed for his very-dry humor, and his deeply-insightful wit. Semper Fidelis Walter!
Posted By: GLS Re: Walter S. Parks III - 08/14/22 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Gil
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Walter S. Parks III - 08/17/22 02:24 AM
Sad to hear of yet another that left us too early due to AO. I have helped bury many due to that same thing.

May he live on in his memories, and in spirit.
Posted By: mc Re: Walter S. Parks III - 08/17/22 02:35 PM
Sorry for your loss Lloyd .mark
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com