doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: mc 13 American soldiers Marines and sailor - 08/31/21 12:30 PM
Remembering fallen military personnel
Posted By: Der Ami Re: 13 American soldiers Marines and sailor - 09/01/21 02:08 PM
There was a photo of one of them holding an infant and saying " I love my job". There was a video of another one giving candy to a little girl and giving her a "high five". There is little doubt that if a camera had been available, there would have been photos of all the others in similar circumstances. Also who can forget mothers handing their babies to the Marines who lifted them over the wire to safety. This is typical of the American GI, regardless of the war. Which other soldiers would mothers entrust their baby to? which other soldiers would little children come to, without any fear at all? These 13 ( 11 Marines, 1 Navy Corpsman, and 1 soldier) are not only the best of our service members, but also the best of our citizens. I don't know how many children they saved but there is no doubt that multiple children now have a chance because of them. God bless them all and God help their loved ones come to peace with their loss.
I can't think of any way to express my feelings about this entire mess without it becoming political. I won't defile this thread with politics. May the fallen rest in peace!...Geo
Posted By: susjwp Re: 13 American soldiers Marines and sailor - 09/08/21 05:26 PM
Well said.
Posted By: PhysDoc Re: 13 American soldiers Marines and sailor - 09/09/21 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Der Ami
There was a photo of one of them holding an infant and saying " I love my job". There was a video of another one giving candy to a little girl and giving her a "high five". There is little doubt that if a camera had been available, there would have been photos of all the others in similar circumstances. Also who can forget mothers handing their babies to the Marines who lifted them over the wire to safety. This is typical of the American GI, regardless of the war. Which other soldiers would mothers entrust their baby to? which other soldiers would little children come to, without any fear at all? These 13 ( 11 Marines, 1 Navy Corpsman, and 1 soldier) are not only the best of our service members, but also the best of our citizens. I don't know how many children they saved but there is no doubt that multiple children now have a chance because of them. God bless them all and God help their loved ones come to peace with their loss.

Thanks, your tribute brings tears to my eyes

Fred
Originally Posted by Der Ami
These 13 ( 11 Marines, 1 Navy Corpsman, and 1 soldier) are not only the best of our service members, but also the best of our citizens.

True, that. Thanks to all who remember, but mostly thanks to the fallen, and their families.
Posted By: craigd Re: 13 American soldiers Marines and sailor - 09/11/21 04:02 PM
9/11. Never forget why the best and the bravest, face the enemy so far from home.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com