doublegunshop.com - home
A Real Gunmaker from the early 1950s who spent 20+yrs at the workbench @ PURDEYS the old factory @ #2 Irongate wharf Rd,Paddington,London W.2.Peter has "Slipped through the rotten floorboards & is now "One of the Gunmakers we will remember as "One of Harry Lawrence's TEN apprentices that he introduced to prince Phillip Duke of Edinburg at the dinner we all attended with the Worshipful Company of Gunmakers at the Guildhall City of LONDON( Peter Chapman & myself raced Norton & BSA motor cycles in our younger days) I think there is only Peter Nelson, Brian Sorrell, & myself left still standing !! LIFE GO's ON....
Was Colin Smith one of those boys? I believe he was a stockmaker @ Purdy before he went self employed as a gun shop owner in Ash, Kent, UK. His daughter Sue was often at our house for meals.
I worked with both Colin Smith & Peter Chapman @ Irongate Wharf,Purdeys Factory It had been a stable for the "Barge pulling Horses: for 65 yrs I talk a little in my BOOK" Shotgun Technicana about the 1950s but have quite a No of "Scrubby little B&W photos of us all back then Brian Sorrell(East Grinstead GUNS") will be visiting here next june He was a stocker apprentice the same time as myself & Peter Chapman/Peter/ Nelson Desmond Mills/Colin Smith/(I have many Photos of all these"Spotty faced Young lads......David Trevallion aged 81 but can still stand at the bar in the PUB!!(By the way Colin was a "Finisher with Chapman, appr. to Chris Gadsby
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com