doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ken Hurst Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 06:18 PM
okay, we aren't talking about gold inlays & 100% coverage. However, I will recut those pesky screws for you boys iffn they aren't badly buggered up. And, iffn they are & you get the reshaped/saved/restored , I'll even cut them. Course I'll expect y'all to cover the shipping cost. Thanks for being such a great group of guys for the most part --- I'm proud to be a part of this group. Guess this offer is a way of saying thanks. Ken
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 06:32 PM
We do have some great guys around here, Ken; and you're one of them...Geo
Posted By: improved modified Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 08:18 PM
Thank you Mr. Ken! This is a kind offer.
Posted By: JayCee Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 08:25 PM
Mr. Ken,

Very generous of you. I am proud to be in a group with you.

JC
Posted By: gil russell Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 08:42 PM
Mr. Ken really is one of a kind. I am proud too.
Post deleted by Run With The Fox
Posted By: eightbore Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 09:58 PM
Ken took on a destroyed Parker skeleton buttplate from a very important project gun for me. It was as bad as I've seen. Ken and Bill Hambridge finished it for me, Ken doing the extensive filing, screw repair and engraving, and Bill doing the charcoal bluing. I had a time convincing Ken to send me a bill. I finally sent him some money but it was nowhere near the worth of the effort expended. The finished product was astounding. I assume it was because I am a friend. Oh well. Bill Murphy
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 10:11 PM
Yes Ken your are truly "one of a kind". Your are always giving helpful advice, steering people in the right direction and offering people your input on what you know. This is not only here but over on the LCSCA as well.
Thanks again and how is Dr. Bill making out, tough times. I hope he is doing well.
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 10:17 PM
Ken I'll have to look over my guns to see if the screws need any attention. *wink*

Destry

P.S. to Fox - Actually De' Shootinest Gent'man was Harold Money and he was from England.
Posted By: Amigo Will Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 10:29 PM
You are a giveing man for sure. First your knowledge and now your work.
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/08/08 11:50 PM
Thank y'all for the kind words ...... I was thinking that you might be able to use my addy , (kenhurst@suddenlink.net) Now don't be shy, I'm ready to roll on this. I have had a few folks write me at home this evening --- just join on in. Ken
Post deleted by Run With The Fox
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 12:50 AM
Ken is a true Gentleman. Bobby
Posted By: bamboozler Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 01:16 AM
Ken,

Your generosity is beyond comprehension in today's modern world!

Now I will not have to eliminate a certain Parker I am searching for because of buggered screws!

GIVE ME A "K", GIVE ME AN "E", GIVE ME AN "N"...WHAT'S THAT SPELL? KEN, KEN...HE'S OUR MAN!
Posted By: battle Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 01:22 AM
Thank you Ken..............
It's good to see you back, hope all is well!!?
Posted By: Cameron Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 02:50 AM
A magnanimous offer that's seldom seen in this day and age!

Thank you Ken! Your knowledge and willingness to share freely of that knowledge is very much appreciated!
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 12:05 PM
I have just renamed one of my Sterlingworths to "screw". LOL

Ken, you're a generous soul.
Posted By: granite Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 02:08 PM
Ken,
Your word is your bond. Many thanks for your past efforts. Your generosity is now available to all. What a guy!!!
Granite
Posted By: Hansli Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 03:30 PM
Ken's giving work away when he needs shoes. All compliments above times two.
Posted By: M&M Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 03:47 PM
Mr, Ken,

Thank you for the offer, plus all the kind words and praise listed above.
Posted By: Barry Lee Hands Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 03:50 PM
I'll send you all I've got, thanks, Barry
Posted By: eightbore Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 04:09 PM
I will make the same offer that Ken made, but, unlike Ken, I will also do full coverage and gold inlay. Murphy
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 04:38 PM
Ken, what a guy. Can you even post some of the work as I always am ready to look at eye candy.
Posted By: john dozier Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 05:34 PM
Not unexpected from one of the last true "Southern Gentlemen"!What extraordinary generosity!
Posted By: Glenn Fewless Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 05:45 PM
Gentlemens:

In a stroke of good fortune I posted a screw to Mr. Hurst the day before this thread started, and beat the rush.

Here is some eye candy for Mr. Katt. The border work is done and Mr. Hurst is working on the bunny rabbit and squirrel as we speak...

Glenn

Posted By: Dave Katt Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 09:41 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures. That is EYE CANDY. I just love that Baker that Ken did for himself.
Posted By: Baron23 Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/09/08 10:08 PM
Hi Ken - does this mean my reciever is finished? :-)

Stephen
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/10/08 08:24 PM
I was advised to include my address for receiving screws sooo, here she is ;

Ken Hurst
PO box 5
Robersonville, N.C.

Murphy, I'll be sure to forward all those gold inlayed screws to you for completion. Ken
Posted By: Baron23 Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/10/08 10:05 PM
Well...I guess that's an answer LOL

Stephen
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/10/08 11:46 PM
Sorry Mr. Steve, didn't intend on not answering you. No, the action isn't finished yet. However ---- shouldn't be much longer now. I suspect it will be done by time the stocks are finished. ken
Posted By: Baron23 Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/11/08 01:17 PM
Hi Ken - Just having a little fun with you...I sure hope that came through in the posts but sometimes on the internet the emotional context is not apparent.

Off today to get this back of mine fixed...expect to be home by Friday. Please give Julie my warmest and we will speak to you on the other end.

Cheers

Stephen Meyers
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/11/08 02:16 PM
Mr. Steve, Good luck with the operation ! I wish I could have had mine operated on while I was young enough for it to have effect. I'm sure you'll get thru it just fine. Best regards, ken
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/11/08 03:35 PM
I don't have anything to send, but, I think it is mighty gracious of you for the offer. Not too many around like you, Ken. Best wishes.
Posted By: john dozier Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/11/08 08:36 PM
There are rumors that he is a good judge of barbeque too! However, since he is in NC and not the lowcountry of SC, he probably likes that wretched tomato based sauce they use up there. Of course I am stuck here in the midlands of SC and they like mustard based which should be fed to the hogs, not served on them.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/11/08 08:43 PM
John, Ken is domiciled in Eastern Carolina where barbeque is properly dressed in vinegar and peppers. Only when you "go west young man" do you have to endure the tomato based barbeque sauces.
Posted By: Glenn Fewless Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/12/08 03:57 AM
Gentlemens:

Funny you should mention barbeque. I have an acquaintance who is a gentleman in every sense of the word. I never heard the man say a negative thing about anyone. Then one day the subject of barbeque came up. He said: "You know, Mr. Hurst is one of the finest men I know, but he don't know s*** about barbeque."

Glenn
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/12/08 11:53 AM
Not to say this other man isn't knowledageable about the art of cooking pig But, I do have quite a few decades of cooking pigs over coals. Nine hours over coals on the grill and a small jar of something made local is par for a pig picking down here. Iffn there's another way, so be it but we'uns are kinda stuck with what works.
Incidently, three or four months back, my daughter sent me the front page from the second section of USAtoday. Right there on the cover was a picture of a little BBQ joint 20 miles from me. The large print title proclaimed eastern N.C. was the best in the nation --- we're rightly proud of that. Me thinks Mr. Glenn is jerking my chain (which he is known for), but that's okay. Ken
Posted By: Glenn Fewless Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/12/08 04:50 PM
Ken:

Whilst I admit that half the lies I tell aren't true, this one is indeed the truth.

Glenn
Posted By: john dozier Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/12/08 08:23 PM
Vinegar and pepper forever!
Posted By: Jeff G. Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/12/08 08:45 PM
Hi Ken
I have never seen a more generous offer in my life. I will lift a glass in honor of you.
Cheers,
Jeff G.
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/12/08 10:46 PM
While I'm somewhat set back by all the kind words --- I still encourage you to get those screws to me. Be sure to include your name, address, email address and phone number in the zip lock with screws. I also need to know if screws are to be returned in the white, blued or color cased so don't forget to write it down. Ken
Posted By: eightbore Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/12/08 11:07 PM
I've been cooking Maryland Eastern Shore Barbeque Chicken for many years, as well as whole pig with a
sprayed vinegar mixture which will remain secret. However, the pressure fried chicken at Ken's local barbeque joint (not really a barbeque joint, but a local treasure with a varied menu) is all I will ever eat when visiting that particular area. Ken has imported a few sides of pig from close by sources that may lure me away from the pressure fried chicken, but the pig takes way too much time to eat when there are guns to mess with.
Posted By: Baron23 Re: Free engraving ...... sort of. - 08/16/08 04:30 PM
I second the vote for the outstanding qualities of the Ladies and chicken at Family Favorites....just don't tell your cardiologist what you had for lunch LOL
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com