doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: simcgunner Gun shops in Baltimore area - 08/06/08 01:53 AM
I am going to Baltimore this weekend. Can anyone recommend?
A Sporting clays range and some gun shops that might have some double guns. Thanks
Posted By: JM Re: Gun shops in Baltimore area - 08/06/08 11:07 PM
There used to be a place on Crain Highway in Glen Burnie, which is just south of Baltimore called Barts I believe that offered some double guns. They were a Merkel dealer via GSI. I have not been there for several years. Maryland is a pretty firearm-phobic state.

As far as sporting clays is concerned, there are no sporting clay ranges near the Baltimore Metro area that I'm aware of. You might find a few trap and skeet ranges at places like Loch Raven and Baltimore Sportsmans Club. For sporting clays you have to head into the rural areas.
Posted By: Chasseur d'ours Re: Gun shops in Baltimore area - 08/07/08 08:27 PM
Not much I'm afraid...

There used to be Walther's Gun Chamber and that had some nice doubles, but that closed several years ago. Accross the Bay is Albright's Gunshop in Easton, some nice stuff, high prices. There is a Basspro by the BWI aiport, but last I saw that did not have a fine gun library.

PG County shooting range is not that far away, though closer to Washington than Baltimore. Also some nice clays ranges on the Eastern Shore: Pintail Point, etc.

Hope this helps!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com