doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ken Hurst Help please - 05/24/08 09:36 PM
If anyone has a set of good closeup pictures of a 17F Rem. , I surely could put them to good use. I need both top , bottom and side pictures so that I may engrave my 17 Rem. using the same pattern. Thanks for any help, Ken ---- kenhurst@suddenlink.net
Posted By: granite Re: Help please - 05/25/08 12:32 AM
Ken, give me a call. You have my number.
Granite
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Help please - 05/25/08 01:58 AM
Granite ---- would love to but it has been misplaced. How about sending it in email to me ? Ken kenhurst@suddenlink.net
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Help please - 05/25/08 03:36 AM
How about an E, I've been told they're rarer than the F's!
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Help please - 05/26/08 05:50 PM
Hi Mr. Rob ---- I am looking to duplicate the highest grade Rem 17 --- not the rarest. Come to think of it, I have never seen an "E" grade 17. ken
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Help please - 05/26/08 07:53 PM
I heard that only about 6 were ever made, if a man was going to spend enough for an "E" he would usually drop the extra change and go whiole hog for the "F".

I've posted pics of a gun I'm after several times over the years, a 17E that the owner won't sell or at least take care of, it's rusting away.
Posted By: Jakearoo Re: Help please - 05/26/08 08:33 PM
Rob, I know that frustration. In college, there was a guy in my circle of friends who had a German Lugar pistol in .22 stamped with an American Eagle. It was in very good condition but just starting to show some sensitivity to moisture. It came to him from someone in the family. A little research showed that at one time the US military had a very small number of these made when investigating side arms for officers. My memory is that they were made in the 30s.

I tried to get him to sell it to me and he would not. I tried to get him to let me clean and grease it and he would not. It was "his."

A year or two went by and when I next asked about the gun he went out to an outside entrance to his place and got it, in its full leather holster, to show me. It was completely rusted. You could not make out the American Eagle or much of anything else. I don't even know if it would have worked.

Territorial possession is an interesting emotion.

Jake
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Help please - 05/26/08 08:55 PM
Rob, if'n you ever get that piece, I'll repair & re-cut those screws free for you. Ken
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Help please - 05/26/08 09:22 PM
I wish you guys would quit bringing up ways to spend money on a Remington 17. You are going to peer-pressure me into something that gets me into trouble!!!
Best,
Ted
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Help please - 05/26/08 10:09 PM
Hey Mr. Ted ---- you can't take it with you --- well, I guess you could be buried with it. I just can't resist restocking these old pieces with a beautiful piece of wood --- of course, while I'm at it, I might just as well go on and engrave it too. When I'm finished, I'll have something out of the ordinary thatmy wife can sell after I kick the bucket. Ken
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Help please - 05/27/08 04:28 AM
Thanks Ken, perhaps someday it will come my way.

Rob
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com