doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: David Williamson Where to buy 10 ga Brass Hulls ? - 05/19/08 03:16 PM
Might be getting a 10 ga double circa 1886-7 and was wondering where to find some brass hulls. I reload and I thought Grafs and Ballistics Products carried Magtech brass hulls in 10 ga. Now they don't and I see in the Magtech website that they don't carry 10 ga. anymore.

Also if anyone has any information on some low-pressure light loads for 2 7/8" chambers I would appreciate it.

Thanks, David
Posted By: Chris Schotz Re: Where to buy 10 ga Brass Hulls ? - 05/19/08 03:34 PM
Talk to Morris Baker at RST shells. He had some low pressure 2 7/8" at the Great Northern this past weekend.
Chris
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Where to buy 10 ga Brass Hulls ? - 05/19/08 04:22 PM
David, I have some really good low pressure loads for the 10 gauge. Send me your e-mail address and I'll try to get you my favorites. Click on my user name and then "profile" and you'll see my e-mail address.
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Where to buy 10 ga Brass Hulls ? - 05/19/08 04:26 PM
Magtech never made 10ga brass hulls- they claim they're gonna, but when I don't know. I thought from my last conversation with them it would have happened already. Paul
Chris, thanks

Joe, I sent you an email, thanks

Paul, no wonder I couldn't find them. Thanks
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Where to buy 10 ga Brass Hulls ? - 05/19/08 04:40 PM
http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com

They work extremely well in my 10 bore and they won't wear out. Ever. Not even if driven over by a truck.

Brent
JDW,

Check out Rocky Mountain Cartridge Company. They make drawn brass hulls with 209 primers. You use 10 bore wads unlike the magtech hulls that use one size larger. They are not cheap but an
excellant hull.

http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com/
Posted By: Stallones Re: Where to buy 10 ga Brass Hulls ? - 05/19/08 05:55 PM
They are the best, I have had them do several for me.
It would be preferable to Chamber cast your gun first as they make them to fit your gun and not some nominal size.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Where to buy 10 ga Brass Hulls ? - 05/20/08 02:29 AM
Are you sure about the "Drawn"?? Unless this is something new I know that formerly all RMC's brass shotshell hulls were lathe turned (CNC I think) from bar stock, thus the reason for the great expense. This is simply a much more expensive way to make hulls, plus it requires the thicker walls for strength. At shotshell pressures with the thick walls should never present a problem, but I just prefer the thinner drawn cases at a much more economical price. Less than 10 extra hulls will pay for enough wads to load 1,000 rounds
2-Piper,

You're right about the drawn. RMC's are lathe turned and use 10 bore wads, my mistake. I too have e-mailed Magtech about production and all I got was that they were thinking about it. They claim we represent 1200 people when we write or e-mail a company with a question.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com