doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Anonymous picture test 16 Baker BBS - 03/06/08 01:48 AM
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: picture test 16 Baker BBS - 03/06/08 02:06 AM
Hey, we need more pictures. Looks like a killer piece of wood! Is that a Folsum Baker? I need some more details.
Posted By: Peter Weber Re: picture test 16 Baker BBS - 03/06/08 03:25 AM
Hey there. That photo passed your test. An awesome Baker. Please post some more photos, and tell us more about the gun.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: picture test 16 Baker BBS - 03/06/08 05:04 AM
The only other picture I have of the gun is a closeup of the receiver and sidelocks(I'll have to look for that). I sold the gun on this site a couple of years ago, but had this photo stored on photobucket till now- my first internet pic. It does have some nice wood and was my favorite gun! 16ga with 2&9/16" chambers, 28" barrels choked full and fuller(buyer measured them), but marked mod/full. I couldn't make up my mind as to whether I should restore it or leave it be. I finally sold it in hope someone else would make that decision and enjoy it. As said I liked it greatly and shot it better than anything else I had even with the tight chokes. It weighed right around seven lbs and I like that weight. I had never measured the chokes so I really didn't know it wasn't a grouse gun. I think because it handled so well for me I saw nothing in the shooting that dissuaded my confidence in it as an upland gun. That pheasant pictured was a case in point. I was tangled in some greenbriar when it when up next to my feet. I twisted myself free- threw up the gun and fired. I saw the bird crumple, but was certain it would run once on the ground. I clawed my way out of the briars and ran blindly past it as it lay only a couple feet from where it was hit. I found it on my first circle round. I doubled on grouse with it once too! A genuine double! And boy would it kill squirrels! I still have my 16ga reloading equipment, perhaps I'll find another 16 someday. It is a Folsom Baker marked Black Beauty Special.

Thanks for the interest!
Kurt
Posted By: RMC Re: picture test 16 Baker BBS - 03/06/08 04:03 PM
Ben T, Please e-mail me regarding Bakers. Randy at
(raven@freeway.net)
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com