doublegunshop.com - home
I just logged on my GA page. I have had about a dozen guns listed. Well, now they went and wiped out all my listings and now have a new format once again. what are these geniuses doing. Who is the moron that is "advising " them on all of these "improvements". What, did Remingotn buy them too?
One direct result of their "improvements" is that I don't visit the site very often anymore. Never the less, the one improvement that seems to be escaping their "expert" designers is the tiny size of the images. The listings are so small that I get a headache just trying to browse a category...even the main page requires a magnifying glass to search through the endless mice type. If they don't find a consultant soon who actually understands both visual presentation and marketing 101 I'll stop looking there altogether.
Sad what they've done to themselves...I don't even go there anymore....gunsinternational.com is what I've replaced them with.
I thought the old GA SITE WAS ONE OF THE BEST----used to check it every day,pernough.
This new one seems to suck big time,,tried it twice a few months ago, haven't been back since
Franc
I may have bought a half dozen guns from that site in the past. Since they went berserk I have not looked in once.
Shame.
Best,
John
I really don't know how they expect anyone to find anything there now. I wondered why I stopped getting e-mail inquiries toward the middle of November. After sitting down & playing with it a whie I clicked on "selling" & up pops my list with a column showing posts. I clicked each of these & found inquiries some of which were over a month old. I responded to each of these with my apologies. I agree, THE OLD SITE WAS GREAT. THIS ONE IS NOT SO GREAT.

Best regards, George
Try going on it with a dialup!
Now they're hiding emails from people getting in contact with each other. I'm only still using GA as I've found the occasional great deal there. I wish they would quit with the "improvements".
All of the above comments are true...however...since Guns International has arrived on the scene I have listed guns on both sites and have had one inquiry on GI and sold all of my listed guns on GA.
I became so frustrated with GA that I pulled my account. What frustrated me was the complete lack of customer service. I was having billing issues and it was like grounhog day.....same story over and over with little to no resolution. I moved my listing over to Gunsinternational and have sold a fair number of guns on that site. Additionally both David and Deborah Powell are very easy to deal with and you can even call them on the phone if you have an issue. Try that with GA.
Steve
I used to both buy and sell on GA, but now that Guns International is running well, it's my first choice...usually my only choice too. Anyone with a background in marketing and sales knows that it takes a lot more effort to get a new customer than it does to reduce "churn" and retain a loyal one with just decent customer service and the "new" Guns America model proves the point.
I've been wondering when a thread about the Guns America changes would be started.

I have had problems with GA for the last few weeks and so have several of my buddies. I tried to solve these on my own and no matter what I did I could not contact a seller about a gun I was interested in. So I e-mailed Guns America's customer service. I could have worded things nicer but I used no vulgar language in my e-mail. It was worded similar to the original post on this thread and I was very frustrated at the time.

Guns America responce to me was:
They might be willing to help me as soon as I dealt with them without vulgarities and showed them a modicum of respect.

What I said in my e-mail was that I think their new format "sucks" and I wished they would go back to their original format that was user friendly like Guns International is now. Because at this time GI "blows" your doors off. I take it this is what they found vulgar.

Just how do you respect an outfit that contantly changes their web site for the worse? How do you buy or sell a gun if the seller can't be contacted? I hope there are dealers/sellers watching this thread. I want them to know that for what ever it's worth. I personally am Done With Guns America! You can list your guns there but I won't see them.

Guns International is another story,it's format is very user friendly and easy to use. Like SKB I've dealt with and have met David and Deb Powell. I find them to be very nice people that will listen to what you have to say. These are the type people I choose do business with.
I only look there about one time a week now. Not the same anymore.
GA still probably gets more traffic since it's been around so much longer. The fact that GI has done as well as it has should say something - GA's latest web site iteration is so annoying I probably won't ever sell there again.
Bummer about the fall of GA. GA was truly the benchmark for years. It really is a loss to our community. But the rise of GI is balancing that loss. Great news!
Heres a tip, Sharpsrifle (and others) that may help you out with pictures that you want to enlarge to see better. I do this a lot myself. Maybe you already know about it, though. When I see a picture that I want to enlarge, I click on it with the right button of my mouse and then I e-mail it to myself. When it comes in the e-mail, I can enlarge it with the little magnifying glass hoochey down at the bottom of the page. You can even magnify any specific area of a picture you want. It might not work too well with really small pics but most of the time it helps me enlarge something I want to see. Like I said, maybe you already knew to do this but if you didn't, I hope it helps. Good luck.
Well, first off, most civilized people would still consider 'suck' and 'blows' to be vulgar, even if they are words commonly used in most 3rd grade classrooms nowadays.

But what does it really matter? GA has obviously gone downhill and if they choose to go out of business over it, let 'em. Time will heal that wound.
I've had a similar experience with GA within the past month...I complained in an e/mail, but not with any heat or vulgarity...their response seemed overly hostile right off of what was appropriate....Art
Hey everyone... just found the thread when I was looking up stuff online. Figured I'd join and add my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I've had a lot of good experience with GA over the years, and think that the newest version isn't that bad (as opposed to the January version which almost made me change). But as far as any other site goes, there just isn't enough options on them.

GA just has more than other sites. I know this will spark some contraversy in the thread (seeing everyone elses view already).
I remember GA's old format - they put on each page a bit about how the way they were doing things was right and that they weren't going to change - comparing those who complained to gun control activists.

GA does have MUCH more than GI, like it or not. Auction Arms has very little, and Gun Broker seems to mostly have dealer's stock at full retail. I've mentioned about how their fees work and the issue it causes to the Gun Broker people at the NRA convention (twice) but I doubt they'll change on my behalf.
I realize this is a bitch session about GA and can add nothing except agreement. The perception that GB is mostly dealers with stock at full retail only favors those whose experience indicates otherwise. GI has at least an intelligible format. AA? Why bother as the policies of the estimable [sic] Mr. de la Cruz are clearly biased in favor of his collection of trapdoor spiders.

jack
Within the past month, I listed a gun on gunsamerica and sold it within a few days.

After waiting for the buyer to express his satisfaction with the deal, I got on the web site to pay the fee.

I am damned if I can see how to do it.

I got to the listing and marked it "sold on gunsamerica" but that is as far as it went. No email from them like they used to send out, so I frogged around on the web site trying to figure out how to pay the fee, but no dice. Oh well.....
redhawk44 they will email you but the last one that I got took 6 weeks.
Rabbit I've found deals on GB but try searching under "Blaser". 95% of the stuff is from one dealer, and almost nothing is being bid on. It's all at full retail. I have to wade through pages after pages of stuff that's not going to sell for a long time if ever. It seems that most SERIOUS sellers are on Gunsamerica - like it or not. Most of the guns that I've listed for sale (quite a few) have sold through Gunsamerica, not any of the other well viewed sites I've put them on.
Quite right about the dealers with large inventories--Wholesale Hunter, the various CZ discounters, etc. It is quite a number of pages to wade thru but I find it easy to skip over the block listings. Most of the guns I have bought internet and all the ones I've sold except a couple thru the for sale listing here were on GB. Sometimes there are deals to be had from the non-serious seller--clean SBT at a chopped and channeled price from a handgun dealer, early 3-screw Blackhawk which had been shot AND taken care of by an individual who knew exactly what he had but neither bothered to list as such (altho pictures were adequately revealing), didn't bother with a reserve and didn't gouge on his starting price. Thad Scott, whom we all know and who would have to be taken as a serious dealer. has been known to dump a few utility bill "healers" at GB although he lists on GA as well as his site. Brian Perone, who is perhaps serious and scrupulous above and beyond the size of his inventory, has been known to list at GB. We all have our favorite and are allowed to differ on the convenience of the site and the satisfactory deals had therefrom. I like the auction format as time spent with your "broker" is revealing of what the market will allow and command rather than demand.

jack
rabbit,
Thanks for the compliment. I do both GA for some items and there are a few that I have dual listed as GA doesnt generate much interest, not nearly what i thoguht they would so I put them on GB.
Once in a while i find something on AA but their pickings are pretty slim.

I just cant fathom GA for what they have done to themselves
It seems that these sites are all pretty stubborn, no matter what they are going to do what they are going to do.

I like to think that I'm pretty adaptable so I find a new way to stick with what I like.
I haven't visited GunsAmerica since there first change. I sold 3-4 guns there and bought 2-3.

In this day and age you make your website more user friendly, not less.......
I agree, and my first impression of the new site is... It looks more legitimate than the last... check it out and let us all know what you think.
rabbit, I just realized that you said you like the auction format better... I'd have to disagree with you, and not merely to cause conflict.

I've been burned on a few auctions as both a bidder and seller. I've seen people who can't legally bid on an item jack up my price, and I've also seen the same people win a bid and then realize they can't buy the item so I'd have to pay to relist.

Anyways, just a little more from me.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com