doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Tom Shaffer The other board - 10/06/07 10:49 AM
Would anybody who can still access the Shooting Sportsman board, contact Chris Schotz and tell him to contact me @ tkshaffer@verizon.net about the Wing & Shot article he's looking for. I can't log back into their "new" system. Thanks
Posted By: Dave M. Re: The other board - 10/06/07 11:02 AM
Tom, I can't gain access either.
I try to log in and it tells me I'm not registered.
I try to regester, and it tells me my name is already in use.
Posted By: CptCurl Re: The other board - 10/06/07 11:29 AM
It's FUBAR.

Curl
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: The other board - 10/06/07 11:31 AM
Don't feel bad Dave; I can't log in either and it tells me that I've been 'deactivated by the administrator.' Maybe they're still mad about all that Teddy Roosevelt stuff
And BTW, some of you will recall 'The Best of TR' thread on the old P&P. All the quotations are now on my Blog on the PictureTrail Home Page in two parts
http://www.picturetrail.com/members/com ... ryID=24574

Enjoy!
Posted By: shep Re: The other board - 10/06/07 11:45 AM
Just logged on and had a look. New format was cluttered but had no problems geeting on.
Shep
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: The other board - 10/06/07 12:12 PM
Just now I was able to 'undeactivate' myself (funny, I didn't feel any different.) Click on 'Log in' then 'I forgot my password.' I received a new password and link to click via e-mail. Then clicked 'Log in', entered the new password, and I'm in. AND my previous profile and avitar remain.
Posted By: rwmckee Re: The other board - 10/06/07 01:12 PM
everyone with an id on that board should have gotten an email with a link to click on to automatically re-register them. i clicked the link, got a message that whatever had to happen was succesful and everything worked fine after that.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: The other board - 10/06/07 01:22 PM
I never got that e-mail.
Posted By: michael orlen Re: The other board - 10/06/07 01:31 PM
I got no such link.....nor have I gotten a response from the administrator when pointing this out....
Posted By: Hussey Re: The other board - 10/06/07 03:52 PM
The link was e-mailed to me but the User Name was wrong. Can't log in using my correct user name or the activation password they sent. FUBAR is right. Emailed them Tursday - still no response.
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: The other board - 10/06/07 03:58 PM
SSM's burned bridges extend down to the bits and bytes it seems.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: The other board - 10/06/07 04:01 PM
Hey Jay-I sent you a PM on SS BB when I got back from Guatemala. Please e-mail me at revdoc2@cox.net
(STILL can't send PMs here )
Posted By: Salopian Re: The other board - 10/06/07 06:31 PM
I can't login, re-register or anything useful.I know who I am (I think?) I know my user name and I know my password, but I still can't login.??????
Posted By: David Williamson Re: The other board - 10/06/07 06:36 PM
Go to the site , go to Login on left top, goes to Login screen, type in Username, go below Password and click on Resend Activation Email. Type in Username and then email address. Hit submit, goes to Account Activation, READ to bottom and click
By clicking here I agree to be bound by these conditions. You will then be able to login with nothing changed.

David
Posted By: postoak Re: The other board - 10/06/07 06:50 PM
The Commie's that run that board may still be hung over from celebrating the 50th of Sputnik, or perhaps got a early start on celebrating the 90th of Red October.
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/06/07 07:00 PM
I can't use my user name apparently because it is "already in use". I can't use my email because it is "already in use". I can't help it. It is my email and I can't change that??? I guess I'll wait until they sort it out. Yes, I got the email, I followed instructions, and I still can't reregister.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: The other board - 10/06/07 07:18 PM
What a mess. I tried JDW's method first, and it didn't work
If there weren't so many KS fellas over there I would have given up.
Posted By: David Williamson Re: The other board - 10/06/07 08:03 PM
If you try double clicking on the line for Username, you should get one or more names you have used and if you can remember which one click on it and the password should appear also. This is if you originally clicked the little box saying "Log me in automatically each visit".
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/06/07 10:03 PM
Yup, did that and it said "Y'all cain't use that there name becuz it's done been used. Same for the password and yur email address. It's already done been used by sumwun else." Those might not be the exact words, but you get the idea. Yeah, they are already used, by me. I almost got through it one time, they let me use my old name and then they put up the roadblock and said my email address was unacceptable. Sorry, it's the only one I have. End of story. I'll get up real early tomorrow and try again. Maybe the instructions will be more to the point.
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/06/07 10:06 PM
Three hours between posts and they don't have a problem?? Three hours between posts is known in the internet forum business as "A Clue".
Posted By: jerry6stl Re: The other board - 10/06/07 10:12 PM
I didn't think I was banned, but can no longer log in to the other board. Same log in I've used for several years.

Oh well, I won't miss much.

Jerry
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: The other board - 10/06/07 10:38 PM
What's the special attraction? Why do you want to go back to SSM at all? What's wrong with using this forum instead?
Pretty simple questions...please provide simple answers.
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: The other board - 10/07/07 02:13 AM
I agree with Jerry and sharpsrifle ---- after a year of going there only to find that board can't hold a candle to this one, I deleted it from my favorites. It was a big waste of time for me anyway. FWIW
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: The other board - 10/07/07 07:39 AM
You guys just need to blow off the SSM board and use the other other board as your other board now. Any questions?
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/07/07 12:26 PM
Wow, this is a tough group, but at least they tell it like it is.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: The other board - 10/07/07 12:29 PM
Hey Bob, after years of wandering in the land of SSMbbs' bane and banned - I've been renewed to the glory of years gone by.
Keywords to use there!
(A) What's your point
(B) Prolly
(C) Actually
(D) Oafish
Posted By: Tom Shaffer Re: The other board - 10/07/07 12:40 PM
Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Steve Meyer Re: The other board - 10/07/07 02:49 PM
Originally Posted By: JDW
Go to the site , go to Login on left top, goes to Login screen, type in Username, go below Password and click on Resend Activation Email. Type in Username and then email address. Hit submit, goes to Account Activation, READ to bottom and click
By clicking here I agree to be bound by these conditions. You will then be able to login with nothing changed.

David

The trick appears to be that last bit,, make sure you read to the bottom and click on the "By clicking here I agree to be bound by these conditions" line that at first glance doesn't appear to be a link. They should highlight that line or make it more clear it's a clickable field.
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: The other board - 10/07/07 03:58 PM
I tried all these steps stuff in multiple variations, got replies saying my user name was inactive, or that it does not exist. When logging in it still says my user name and password are already in use. I have yet to receive an email. I give up.
Posted By: Salopian Re: The other board - 10/07/07 04:11 PM
I also followed the instructions to the letter.It still does not allow me to login.I don't give up on anything.
Their webmaster will wish he didn't turn in for work tomorrow.
Watch this space ( you might as well you can't login to the other board ! ! ! !)
I will be glad when senility kicks in so that I can become an I.T. guru. I.T.= Idiot Training.
Posted By: David Williamson Re: The other board - 10/07/07 04:33 PM
I'll try it once again with how it is done over there, hope it works.

Login
In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased capabilities. The board administrator may also grant additional permissions to registered users. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

Terms of use | Privacy policy
Username: YOUR USERNAME
Register
Password: LEAVE BLANK
I forgot my password
Resend activation e-mail (CLICK HERE)
Log me on automatically each visit
Hide my online status this session
GOES TO THIS SCREEN

Send activation e-mail
Username: YOUR USERNAME
E-mail address: YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
This must be the e-mail address associated with your account. If you have not changed this via your user control panel then it is the e-mail address you registered your account with.

Goes to this screen

Shooting Sportsman Account Activation

READ TO BOTTOM LAST SENTENCE
By clicking here I agree to be bound by these conditions
CLICK ON IT.
It will go to another screen and have INFORMATION box that says you are logged in.

Worked for me I don't know why it won't work for you.

David

Hope this doesn't offend the administrators here.

Posted By: Randall Re: The other board - 10/07/07 04:48 PM
Originally Posted By: fnb25
everyone with an id on that board should have gotten an email with a link to click on to automatically re-register them. i clicked the link, got a message that whatever had to happen was succesful and everything worked fine after that.

Same for me - no big deal @ all.
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: The other board - 10/07/07 05:51 PM
JDW - I'm not offended, I know you're trying to help, but you should realize you're not talking to idiots. I have tried all this, and when none of this worked tried variations you haven't had to consider. The question of why it worked for you and not others likely has a similar answer to the question of why some received the initial emails and others didn't.
Posted By: Ron Vella Re: The other board - 10/07/07 08:06 PM
I've tried every suggested solution, and muliple permutations of them. Nothing works! The fact that they won't respond to querries speaks volumes to their attitude. To he!! with them, they need me more than I need them !!!
Posted By: Ron Vella Re: The other board *DELETED* - 10/07/07 08:07 PM
Post deleted by Ron Vella
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: The other board - 10/07/07 09:00 PM
Worked for me...Geo
Posted By: Katie and Jessie Re: The other board - 10/07/07 09:56 PM
I agree with Ron Vella.
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: The other board - 10/07/07 09:59 PM
I've been registered there for a few years and have studiously avoided direct confrontation with the "powers that be". I have not, however, received an email with a link for automatic re-registration from SSMBB. Should I take this action (or inaction?) as a personal affront to my sterling good nature and excellent character?
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: The other board - 10/07/07 10:42 PM
I even tried to reregister. It says "the e-mail address is already being used! Duh.....
Posted By: Kevin Springman Re: The other board - 10/07/07 11:08 PM
Quote:
I even tried to reregister. It says "the e-mail address is already being used! Duh.....

Same for me, It does not work and no email either.
Posted By: Montana Re: The other board - 10/08/07 12:47 PM
Try these it you wish:

Request password. If you know your user name and the attached email that you registered with, ask that your password be sent. Some of the rules for passwords have changed. My was too short.

There seems to be an error regarding some email addresses in the SSM system. It is also true that some of us have changed our email addresses since original registration. In either case, try to reach the "admin" on SSM if you are interested in getting back on that board.
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/08/07 01:17 PM
I tried to register from the email and from the site. Both ways I get the "your name is already in use", "your email is already in use" and "your password is already in use". How would I use another email address when the address I posted is my only email address.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: The other board *DELETED* - 10/08/07 01:54 PM
Post deleted by Jagermeister
Posted By: Montana Re: The other board - 10/08/07 02:01 PM
Eightbore, I respectfully submit that you may be doing something incorrectly.

I had to be careful that I "re-activated" using the email. Then, when I went to log-in, not register, I had to enter some code from a jumble box which I didn't see the first time because I didn't scroll all the way down. Worked fine after that although I learned my password had to be more than four characters by emailing "admin."

From the messages you are getting, my guess is that you are trying to re-register. You should not need to do that.
Posted By: Tom Shaffer Re: The other board - 10/08/07 02:11 PM
Has anyone tried to contact Chris Schotz as per my initial request? I was just trying to help the guy out - not start a running debate about the "other board"
Posted By: David Williamson Re: The other board - 10/08/07 02:24 PM
Tom, contacted Chris through SS and left message to contact you.

Eightbore contact me through email and I'm almost 100% sure it will work. jdavidw1@comcast.net
Posted By: Tom Shaffer Re: The other board - 10/08/07 02:39 PM
Thank you.
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/08/07 03:03 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I got on. How? OK, here goes. Use the email, use your old name and password, BUT, use LOG IN, do not use the REGISTER function. Don't forget the coded thingy. No fuss, no muss. No problem except their instructions don't match the required procedures!!!
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: The other board - 10/08/07 03:18 PM
"eightbore" wrote:

"No problem, except their instructions don't match the required procedures!!!".

EXCUSE ME...but isn't that a problem? If people can't register to participate on a chat room site, isn't that also a problem?

Perhaps they should make it a "value added" site and charge you for registering and for each post you make. SSM has been trying to figure out how to make the cost of the Internet "self- liquidating" for years. They may have accomplished their goal by liquidating the site itself.
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/08/07 04:01 PM
Sharpsrifle, please be alert and aware when "sarcasm" comes your way. Of course it's a problem and I meant to convey that to readers.
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: The other board - 10/08/07 04:30 PM
I tried to get on, couldn't, tried to re-activate per their instructions, couldn't, got a message to contact admin, did, was on in 15 minutes or so.
Posted By: Chris Schotz Re: The other board - 10/08/07 04:41 PM
Tom,
I just returned from out hunting for the weekend. I sent you an e-mail.

Chris
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: The other board - 10/08/07 05:47 PM
I have tried every conceivable way to log on and nothing works. Even eightbore's method failed. Guess I really don't exist! Now if I can just convince the IRS of this obvious fact I'll be home free! Adios.
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: The other board - 10/08/07 06:48 PM
"eightbore"
Please be aware that when posting on the internet, without the benefit of voice inflection and facial expression,"witty" typographic remarks may indeed be misconstrued as to intent by others. Never the less, I did not miss your intent and was simply putting emphasis on your remarks...it would appear you missed the point.
Be that as it may, perhaps it was inconsiderate of me to post at all, and I apologize for my thoughtlessness in not recognizing that you may treat this BB as a personal email system on which the comments of others may be an intrusion. No sarcasm intended, of course.
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/08/07 09:43 PM
Yup, I reread both of our comments and see that I made my "witty" comment based on the assumption that you didn't catch the fact that I was well aware that there was a "problem". I still feel that you didn't recognize that I was not happy with the SS instructions. Rereading, I still feel that you were chastising me for not being more aggravated at the situation at hand. Of course your comments are not an intrusion, and I am pleased that you are as disturbed at the situation at hand as I am. I think we are on the same channel.
Posted By: Sharpsrifle Re: The other board - 10/08/07 10:46 PM
"eightbore"
I've been guilty of worse than being accused of being clueless. I believe we are indeed on the same wave length now.
Will Rogers once was quoted as saying something to this effect ... "when you find yourself in a hole...stop digging". I too think it best to stop digging.
Shoot well...shoot often.
Posted By: Roy Eckrose Re: The other board - 10/09/07 12:06 AM
Well, I'm really bummed out. According to the message I got, I don't exist!
Posted By: rabbit Re: The other board - 10/09/07 12:26 AM
I've lurked there for years. No fuss, no muss, no problems, no POV, no identity, no posts. Nothing has changed.

jack
Posted By: Hussey Re: The other board - 10/09/07 12:50 AM
Still no luck getting in and no response to the e-mail I sent last Thursday. Suggestions?
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: The other board - 10/09/07 01:32 AM
What e-mail? All I did was:
1. attempt to log on>>>>got name not active message or something similar.
2. clicked on request e-mail to be sent
3. provided user name + e-mail adress>>>click
4. loged on using my old user name & password and everything is ok. I was sure to click on that sign me on auto at each visit as it make life much easier.
I never received e-mail from them, but didn't need to either.
Look, in America nobody follows directions because they're far too complicated so you just do it.
Posted By: Roy Eckrose Re: The other board - 10/09/07 01:45 AM
2.. clicked on request e-mail to be sent
3. provided user name + e-mail adress>>>click

Same procedure I used. No email, but I did get a message that I did NOT Exist!
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: The other board - 10/09/07 02:03 AM
When I clicked after providing e-mail info the system took me back to sign on screen and I was able to log on using my old info w/o problems. I don't know why it does not work for you. There must be a glich somewhere.
Posted By: eightbore Re: The other board - 10/09/07 12:05 PM
My biggest mistakes were 1. Not using the email to do the job. 2. Using "Register" instead of "Login". As others have mentioned, you CAN use your old name and password. Of course, we don't know whether we will be banished at the end of the 30 day period mentioned.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: The other board - 10/09/07 12:39 PM
Oh by the way thanks for answering my question on the other forum. You were very helpful.
Posted By: J. Hall Re: The other board - 10/10/07 08:37 PM
A link at the top of the first page lets you do the update by entering your login name and the email that you used originally to register. If I recall, accepting the terms of registration should then get you in.
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Re: The other board - 10/11/07 03:50 AM
No joy.

I have emailed, clicked on their contact links. Tried to login, tried to register, etc....

First email send a couple of days ago, another tonight. Not holding my breath at this point.
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Re: The other board - 10/11/07 02:30 PM
With some help from a friend who waded throught the morass that is the re-registration/login procedure I am now able to log on to SSM.
Posted By: J. Hall Re: The other board - 10/11/07 06:25 PM
Guess I should have mentioned that the link to update appears at the top of the screen once one of the primary discussion areas has been selected. It is not on the very first screen of the BB.
Posted By: Salopian Re: The other board - 10/11/07 07:59 PM
I have followed all of their instructions to the letter. I do not exist, but someone else does with my identity.Hope he's paying my alimony, child maintenance and income tax. But he better leave my guns alone.
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: The other board - 10/11/07 10:24 PM
Me too, also still among the non-existent. My vaporous former self sent two emails to the administrator, but emails from non-existents apparently evaporate in cyberspace.
Posted By: Ron Vella Re: The other board - 10/11/07 11:43 PM
Me three!!
Posted By: Ed Carroll Re: The other board - 10/16/07 03:22 PM
Our apologies to everyone who has experienced difficulties, especially with unanswered e-mails. We are not ignoring them by any means, and our IT guys are working on the problem.

In the meantime, anyone with continuing difficulties who would like to renew their existing user name and history can e-mail me directly at ecarroll@shootingsportsman.com.

Thanks for your patience,

Ed Carroll
Posted By: Mark Copeland Re: The other board - 10/16/07 03:29 PM
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
Sent: 10/16/2007 10:30 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'ecarroll@shootingsportsman.com.' on 10/16/2007 10:30 AM
Invalid recipient
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com