doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ken Hurst New (to me) Syracuse 16 ga. - 09/12/07 12:45 AM
Just got a deal on a 16 ga. Syracuse dbl today ($99.) I believe OO on water table means lowest grade but haven't heard of Triplett steel stamped on bbl. This is a plain dbl trigger/extracter gun. Anyone out there who can give me an answer --- please. Ken
Posted By: David Williamson Re: New (to me) Syracuse 16 ga. - 09/12/07 01:05 AM
Ken, Triplett Steel barrels was the only barrels offered for the 00 grade. I believe that 0 grade was the lowest.
Tom Archer wrote a few good articles in the Double Gun Journal not to long ago about Syracuse Arms.
I have one also but in 12 ga.
Before ebay banned selling parts of guns I was able to get a pair of 32" barrels in Improved Damascus very cheap. Fits my action but there is a broken piece where the action locks up. Trying to figure out what to do about it.

David
Posted By: reb87 Re: New (to me) Syracuse 16 ga. - 09/12/07 03:28 AM
Ken,
According to Tom Archers excellent articles on SAC in Double Gun Journal Volume 14 Issue 2 Summer 03 page 128:
00 grade $28
0 grade $30
2 grade $40
3 grade $50
"Grades 0 and 2 were identical to the 00 grade with the exception of barrel steel."
"The 00 grade was the plainest and cheapest gun in the product line, being fitted with blacked fluid steel barrels called "triplett steel"

The SAC guns are cool.
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: New (to me) Syracuse 16 ga. - 09/12/07 03:30 AM
David, call me. I have a fried that most likely can solve your problem. He is lazer welding up a busted LC ejecter forend for me. He has done great work for me in the past. You might recognize him by the name of Glenn Fewless. Doug Mann knows him & had Glenn do work for him. Thanks for the responce, it certainly helps. Ken
Posted By: Glenn Fewless Re: New (to me) Syracuse 16 ga. - 09/12/07 04:09 AM
Ken:

I can see why maybe you didn't pop the $40 or $50 dollars for a high grade Syracuse, but for the life of me I don't know why you didn't spend the extra $2 and get the "0" grade. Shucks, I would have loaned you the money...

Your fried,

Glenn
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com