doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: RMC Available source of Bismuth??? - 08/23/07 04:26 PM
Looking for bismuth in #5's or #6's. Contacted all major sources without success. Appreciate any contact that would have bismuth available and able to send. Randy Please e-mail, raven@freeway.net
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Available source of Bismuth??? - 08/25/07 12:53 AM
You missed one lot of # 6 on Ebay about two weeks ago. My understanding is that there will be no Bismuth shot for certain this year and maybe none even after that. Hope this is more bleak that the real event s will prove to be.

Now is not the time to be buying Bismuth metal as the last price I heard was over $20.00 a pound for 500-1,000 pounds delivered to me. Then I would have to make it into shot form that price. Just too high to do now. I think that my littleton shotmaker is up to making the shot and I have learned a lot from my first attempt and what others have shared in their efforts. About the only chance you have to buy any this year is if someone has a old stash on their shelves or some one who was going to reload it decides to sell it and buy factory.
Posted By: I. Flues Re: Available source of Bismuth??? - 08/25/07 01:49 AM
Looks like you're in need of some other stuff called "NiceShot". When my Bismuth runs out, and if they're not making more of it, I'll probably need to get my hands on this stuff.....

http://ecotungsten.com/shots.html

Mike Doerner
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Re: Available source of Bismuth??? - 08/25/07 03:07 AM
Originally Posted By: I. Flues

They do need some spell checking for their website.

'Magnetically'.
Posted By: I. Flues Re: Available source of Bismuth??? - 08/25/07 11:40 PM
Engineers kan't spel wrth a dmn. If their stuff is as good as lead, and non-toxic, that's a good set up for me.

Mike Doerner
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com