doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: GregSY Interesting gun story - 08/08/07 08:49 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20178856/site/newsweek/?GT1=10252
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Interesting gun story - 08/09/07 02:09 AM
I looked at all the pictures in the book. They give first names, types of guns displayed, and a brief statement from those pictured with guns. I seen only one Anglo double in those pics. Many folks were from PA.
Posted By: Deltaboy Re: Interesting gun story - 08/09/07 02:17 AM
None from the South, well one couple that said they were from the south. We don't talk like that. To many silly guns not enough shooters. Very few doubles no Mod 12's not even a BPS, a couple of 870's looking like assualts. I know plenty of households with way more guns but not many with the guns pictured. These aren't hunters.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Interesting gun story - 08/09/07 02:30 AM
There were some from TX, few from FL and at least one from GA.
One dude from TN or KY had coffee table covered with guns including selective fire MP-5.
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: Interesting gun story - 08/09/07 02:42 AM
My impression was similar to Deltaboy's. Very few had the kind of guns that most of us, on Doublegun, are interested in. Most of them looked like amateurs, in terms of interests. However, it didn't seem like a gun-owner bashing piece to me. No skeet, trap, sporting clays or other target types. I'd say the only interesting thing about it was that it was not the typical gun bashing piece, portraying the owners as nose-picking rednecks, right out of "Deliverance".
Posted By: GregSY Re: Interesting gun story - 08/09/07 02:47 AM
That's what I found interesting....it was not the usual gun owner bashing piece.

They placed too much emphasis on the 'I own a gun for protection' angle but in general I can't call it a particularly slanted article. I guess Bill Gates let one slip by.
Posted By: jas Re: Interesting gun story - 08/09/07 03:26 AM
Yawn, no comment and no westerners.
jas
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Interesting gun story - 08/09/07 12:35 PM
That's the trouble with these people they think wholeheartedly that the Government will protect them!!! I thought it was tainted in the opposite direction, what left leaning pinko communist loving Democrat would ask an American "Why do you own a gun" I would say, "Why don't YOU own a gun"!!!
All the best
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com