doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Travis S Ithaca NID - Project feasibility questions - 03/25/24 02:50 PM
Good morning.

I have accumulated a set of 28" 28ga NID ejector barrels.

I have also accumulated a NID grade 1 .410 parts kit with 26" barrels. The parts kit is complete and matching and in real nice condition except for the about 1" of cutaway material starting at the front of the frame. What a shame this gun was cut up.

Both barrel sets have almost the same width/height at the breach end and are basically fluish with the standing breach of the cut up .410 frame.

What kind of mess am I am getting myself into thinking that the front of the frame could be replicated by welding on and re-milling a piece of metal stock and then all the other parts needed to fit both barrels to end with a .410/28ga gun set?

What are your thoughts mechanical and cost/value wise?

Many thanks,
Pictures? It sounds like an interesting money pit but photos might help with options. Might be easier to find a 20gauge NID and work from there. 20/28 are fairly common multi gauge setups. Why was the kit gun cut up?
I do not currently have a pic hosting site but am willing to email pics to anyone who wants to put them here.

The kit came from a vendor that deals in gun buyback and police trade in stuff. Real sad end for this .410 NID.

I hate to butcher a 20 ga frame to do this and think the work required to narrow down the 20 ga standing beach and to re-locate firing pin holes would actually be more work that the direction I am thinking about.

I am competent to do the machining/shaping/fitting but it is the initial welding and then how the added area will hold up long term that I am mostly concerned about.
firing pin hole spacing for 20 an 28 ga nid are indeed different...suspect same for 28 vs 410...

also, if parts are 1990's vintage repro, chances are they are of mixed value...

suggest you contact Gunter Pfrommer for guidance...

good luck...
Thanks I will give him a call.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com