doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Fin2Feather DGJ Index III - 02/20/24 12:18 AM
It sounds like the index is still in limbo pending sufficient pre-orders. According to Daniel they must have enough $ to pay the printer up-front. I have no idea where they are with this or how much money it will take; didn't feel it was my place to ask.

Personally I would like to see a third index and I think it will be a shame if it doesn't happen. If you'd like to see it too and haven't ordered I urge you to go ahead and place an order; it's not a lot of money - the price of a few boxes of shells maybe.

If any of you would post on other relevant sites that would be great. Our last chance for a publication from these folks who have given so much to the double gun community. JMO.
Posted By: eeb Re: DGJ Index III - 02/20/24 02:29 AM
I placed my order last month. Hope it comes together
Posted By: FallCreekFan Re: DGJ Index III - 02/20/24 02:23 PM
Sorry to hear this. I’d hoped we might have them by the end of February. I ordered mine when we first got the flyer the 2nd week of December and I saw the charge cleared in January so hopefully they’ll soon have enough cash in hand to pay for the printing.
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: DGJ Index III - 02/21/24 03:23 AM
Spoke to them on the phone today and ordered one. She said they expect to ship by the end of March.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: DGJ Index III - 02/21/24 05:51 PM
What exactly is their index? Is it a bound collection of DGJ articles?
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: DGJ Index III - 02/21/24 06:12 PM
In general, it is a finely bound book with index information so you can find articles in the Double Gun Journal by author's name or subject. Other indexes did have a few of the "best" articles or thoughts over the years. I think this index must be quite a few more pages than the previous ones.
Posted By: eightbore Re: DGJ Index III - 02/21/24 10:37 PM
It is a wonderful book with biographical information about DGJ authors combined with new articles from those same authors. It has been well worth the information included and the price paid.
Posted By: FallCreekFan Re: DGJ Index III - 04/22/24 04:13 PM
Talked with Joanna this morning about the I&R III and they plan to start sending out the end of next month so we should start receiving them in early June.
Posted By: eightbore Re: DGJ Index III - 04/22/24 04:42 PM
The first two volumes did not include any reruns of previous articles, contrary to the comment of one poster.
Posted By: Southern Sport Re: DGJ Index III - 04/22/24 08:37 PM
Just ordered mine. I was told it was looking like the first week of June for shipping. I just purchased the entire set from a member of another group from 2017 back to 1989. It included the first two indexes. The newer issues I already had. Looking forward to it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com