doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Brian looking for shotgun cleaning rod adapter - 01/03/24 02:13 AM
I am looking for an adapter for shotgun cleaning rods that allows the use of standard 8x32 cleaning brushes in them.
The shotgun rod has female 5/16 x 27 threads. adapter has to have 5/16x27 male threads and 8x32 female threads.

I bought two of these several years ago and cant find who it was I bought them from. My google searches dont come up with what I want, there are adapters the exact opposite of what I need available.
Frustrating and driving me nuts!!

any help is appreciated.
Posted By: keith Re: looking for shotgun cleaning rod adapter - 01/03/24 03:18 AM
I think this may be what you want Brian:

https://www.emshootingsupplies.com/store/p441/5%2F16-27_To_8%2F32_Thread.html#/

I bought one in this configuration several years ago from one of those gun show vendors that sell brushes, tips, patches, etc. You see them at any decent size gun show. But as you say, most are threaded the other way around. The one I bought was aluminum

Alternately, I suppose you could cut the 5/16" x 27 male end off of a junk cleaning rod section, and chuck it in a lathe to drill and tap the other end of the stub to 8-32 female.
Posted By: skeettx Re: looking for shotgun cleaning rod adapter - 01/03/24 04:38 AM
Looks like Keith hit it dead center smile
Made a bunch of these some years ago, in aluminum, with the plan of putting together a new type of cleaning kit. The idea did not take off but I think I have some adapters stored. I will look and let you know. They are threaded rod externally 5/15-27 tpi and internally are 4mm X0.8, it is a two piece affair internal and external rod. From what I see 8-32 is equivalent to metric 4X0.7 pitch.
Posted By: Brian Re: looking for shotgun cleaning rod adapter - 01/03/24 06:23 PM
Keith
Thanks. Thats the one I bought before. I knew they were to there. but no matter how I googled it, these guys never popped up.
Yeah, I have a machine shop and lathe, mill etc. But just didnt want to mess with this. Customer wans a couple and I cant justify charging him for the time to do these up.
The link is perfect.
Thanks
Posted By: PALUNC Re: looking for shotgun cleaning rod adapter - 01/03/24 07:23 PM
EBAY
They are among the very last things Jeff’s outfitters is closing out. I picked up a couple last month.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com