doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: John Roberts Posting photos here - 12/02/23 04:33 PM
I am going to try to "endeavor to persevere' with this convoluted process. But I will have to confess, with all due respect to everyone here who says it's so easy, literally 60 seconds, is just flat wrong. Lots to do to first get photos from your photo source, either camera or phone, onto your pc, then selecting a hosting site that actually works, before you can then put them on this forum. Here's a video that proves my point:

JR
Posted By: coosa Re: Posting photos here - 12/02/23 08:59 PM
Posting directly from your phone simplifies the process. I promise you that if I have a good signal I can post a picture here in less than 60 seconds using www.postimages.org.

The key to doing it quickly is to ignore all their attempts to get you to sign up for an account. Click on the link, then select "choose images." On the next screen, select "media." That will get all of your pictures onto the screen, so select the one you want. Once it has completely loaded, and that takes only a few seconds with a good signal, you will see your picture and a menu below it. Click "hotlink for forums" if you want to post it here. Then you just paste it here and hit "post reply." Give it a try.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]gas station near me hours
Posted By: Fudd Re: Posting photos here - 12/02/23 09:17 PM
Let's see if this works. You'll hopefully see a CZ Ringneck and a Browning B-SS.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/02/23 10:15 PM
Coosa,
I tried ten times to get to “media”. Never once. I even resorted to creating an account with my cc. It just keeps going in circles, asking me for my cc and email/password to “finish”. This is so frustrating. ‘Bout ready to give up.
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/02/23 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Fudd
Let's see if this works. You'll hopefully see a CZ Ringneck and a Browning B-SS.

Thanks for making me feel stupider. I bet you did it with one hand behind your back even.
JR
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Posting photos here - 12/02/23 10:57 PM
Here are the steps I use to do so with jpgbox.com, John.

1 - I start out on DGJ site and then create a new tab which opens up the address box for me to type in "jpgbox.com".

2- When jpgbox.com comes up I click on the box that says "Choose File".

3- When I do that I get a page that allows me to go to downloads, or photos, etc.

4- I normally go to photos, which brings up hundreds of photos we've saved to our "Photos" on our computer. I find the photo I want, then click on it, and it is highlighted.

5- That causes a box to highlight which says "Choose", and I click on it.

6- Then I am automatically re-directed to my jpgbox.com page. I then see a box at the bottom of the page which says "Upload image as guest". Click on that.

7- In a few seconds your picture will be uploaded and will appear on the page. Just below it there will be choices of the size image you want it to be. As long as you stick with the size they choose for you it will always post without problem.

8- There will be two boxes under your picture. Click on the top one that says "For forums". That highlights it in blue. Copy that.

9- Go back to your other tab to go back to the DGJ forum and paste it in your reply box there. Then submit your reply.

I know this looks lengthy and confusing, but I promise you that after you learn the procedure you can do it in a minute or less. I have never attempted to post a pic from my smart phone, prolly never will. All my pics are stored on my desktop computer anyway.

Good luck. Call me if you need help walking through it.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: coosa Re: Posting photos here - 12/02/23 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Coosa,
I tried ten times to get to “media”. Never once. I even resorted to creating an account with my cc. It just keeps going in circles, asking me for my cc and email/password to “finish”. This is so frustrating. ‘Bout ready to give up.
JR

Well, don't worry, I am an old Ag teacher and we will figure this out. smile

You didn't follow directions if you tried to create an account; DO NOT create an account.

First, since you did try to create an account you need to reboot your phone to get rid of all that. Reboot it and click the link below:

www.postimages.org

You will see this screen:

Click on the button that says "choose images". Then this screen will appear:

Note the menu at the bottom of the screen that has now appeared. That's the one that has "media" as one of the options, and once you click on it all of your files will appear.

Try it again and see if you can get to that screen.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by coosa
Coosa,
JR

You didn't follow directions if you tried to create an account; DO NOT create an account.

First, since you did try to create an account you need to reboot your phone to get rid of all that. Reboot it and click the link below:

www.postimages.org

Note the menu at the bottom of the screen that has now appeared. That's the one that has "media" as one of the options, and once you click on it all of your files will appear.

I cannot. When I click on "Choose images" the four icons do not appear, only a black box that shows "photo library", "take photo", and "choose files". I cannot proceed without clicking on one of those. If I choose "photo library", it does bring up my photos stored my Iphone, but I cannot proceed without having to go through the "Finish" procedure. Dammit!
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 12:16 AM
I did reboot my phone.
JR
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 12:19 AM
John,
Until you figure out where you are going wrong, if you need a picture posted, pm or email it to me, and I will get the thing up for you.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: coosa Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 12:24 AM
Coosa,
JR

www.postimages.org

I cannot. When I click on "Choose images" the four icons do not appear, only a black box that shows "photo library", "take photo", and "choose files". I cannot proceed without clicking on one of those. If I choose "photo library", it does bring up my photos stored my Iphone, but I cannot proceed without having to go through the "Finish" procedure. Dammit!
JR

Go with "choose files" and that should work. Once it shows your pictures, just click on the one you want.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 01:53 AM
Coosa,
JR

www.postimages.org

JR

Go with "choose files" and that should work. Once it shows your pictures, just click on the one you want.
Nope. Doesn't get me to my photos stored on my phone.
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
John,
Until you figure out where you are going wrong, if you need a picture posted, pm or email it to me, and I will get the thing up for you.

Best,
Ted

Thanks Ted, but I really want to be able to do this myself.
JR
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 02:14 AM
And, I want you to be able to, as well. But, I figured you had an emergency photo posting need on the booze post, and figured I’d offer the help.

Anything for a friend.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: coosa Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 02:16 PM

www.postimages.org

Try it again and see if you can get to that screen.[/quote]

JR[/quote]

Go with "choose files" and that should work. Once it shows your pictures, just click on the one you want.[/quote]
Nope. Doesn't get me to my photos stored on my phone.
JR[/quote]

I don't know what else to tell you to try. Here is one sure method to get it to work - take a hammer to the I phone and go buy you an android. smile

Apple thinks the world should revolve around them, and the world doesn't wanna do it. I think they actually try to make their stuff incompatible with everyone else.

If you are getting to a place where you can see your photos, then you have got to be just a step away from getting it to work. I don't know what you mean by the "Finish" procedure; I've never seen that come up with the android menu. Once I see the picture I want, all I do is touch it and it will load.

It's a new day, so give it another try. I usually solve difficult problems when I start over the next day. Best of luck with it!
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 04:07 PM

Easy Peasy on ancient IPhone 6
Posted By: GLS Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 04:19 PM
John, does your phone look like this?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Posting photos here - 12/03/23 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by GLS

I don’t have a cell phone. Post ‘em from the iPad.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 10:47 AM
Apple thinks the world should revolve around them, and the world doesn't wanna do it. I think they actually try to make their stuff incompatible with everyone else.

I 100% agree with that. My wife uses Apple everything, while my phone is Android, and I have seen the incompatibility issues for years.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 03:13 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Have you got a problem with my phone, GLS? 😊
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by GLS

Thanks so much for that, GLS. It was so helpful...
JR
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 04:26 PM
Test per instructions directly from my Android phone:
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 07:21 PM

JR
Posted By: Gr8day Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 07:43 PM
Coosa. Thanks for the headsup on Postimages.org. Exactly what I have been looking for.

Posted By: graybeardtmm3 Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 07:57 PM
JR; success at last....and an excellent choice for a first photo - bob's an old favorite of mine....i may have to back my ears, and make a running jump at this up-grade in skill myself...

i usually need to be drug, kicking and hollering, into any such technical advance....but afterwards, must admit, it's not as bad as i had feared.

best regards,

tom
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 08:11 PM
Well, at least you were successful, Graybeard. Congratulations. But copying and pasting a link from the www is nothing.
JR
Posted By: canvasback Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 09:02 PM
Well done John. Perseverance pays off.
Posted By: GLS Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 10:09 PM
My phone is set for high resolution photos that often have too many bytes for posting here from jpgbox.com. Lunapic.com offers editing and byte reduction as well as posting photos on forums without requiring a membership. From the opening page, upload a photo from your computer. After the photo uploads, the screen will look like the first photo below. Note the blue writing :SET FILE SIZE. In this case, at 8500 bytes, not too big and no need to click on SET FILE to change file size. Go to the line of blue words underneath the photo of your phone. Note IMGUR. Click IMGUR then the second screen pops up looking like photo below. Highlight Forum code with your mouse, right click to copy, and paste it on the forum by right clicking at place you want to drop it in and clicking on paste at the pop up menu. You gonna develop carpal tunnel syndrome with that phone. Gil

Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 10:20 PM
If you go to the Favorite Gun/ Games pictures thread- 2023 Hunting Season and go to the top of page 8, it is so simple if you follow these guy's instructions. Imgur is really easy to install. Good luck.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 10:58 PM
Congrats John, for persevering. Well done!

We'll be looking for some good ones from here on out .........
Posted By: Canvasback13 Re: Posting photos here - 12/04/23 11:35 PM

Test
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 12:14 AM
Thanks to everyone here, Coosa, Keith, Stan, et al, who have so kindly offered to help me post photos. My only obstacle is getting my photos from my phone to my desktop pc. Otherwise, I would be in business. My son, who is the E-Commerce guy for Southern Pipe and Supply, is coming over one day this week to help me get this done. To all those who posted photos just to rub it in, no thanks to you...
JR
Posted By: KDGJ Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 12:53 AM
John,

You could text or email your photos from your phone to yourself. Then you can go to your computer and download them from the text or email.

Ken
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by KDGJ
John,

You could text or email your photos from your phone to yourself. Then you can go to your computer and download them from the text or email.

Ken
That will work but will almost certainly degrade the resolution severely, esp in text.
Posted By: GLS Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 01:23 AM
If you have a google account on your phone, photos are also stored on the cloud which is also accessible by your home computer. Once you access them from the cloud then it's a simple matter to download them to your computer. The colored pinwheel symbol in the google apps is the cloud stored photos which are automatically uploaded from phone to cloud. To access the photos pinwheel, once you are at the google home page or gmail, the apps are in the upper right hand corner; click on the 9 dots which are stacked 3x3x3. Find the photo in the colored pinwheel and download it to your computer.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by KDGJ
John,

Ken

That is exactly how I do it. It has worked flawlessly for me to email them to myself.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 02:12 AM
Stan,
That's how I do it as well, having everything on my desktop makes it easier to work. JPEG does the rest for me.
Karl
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 04:13 AM
We have mechanical experts who can disassemble a Parker (devilish) or sleeve a barrel...but sending a photo from a phone to an email, downloading it, then uploading it onto Imgur or jpgbox is a crossword puzzle. My sons do this to me all the time (as I was trying to teach them how to use a wood plane or drive a nail with a hammer). I have to admit, I still use handsaws and up until recently a Brace & Bit).
Posted By: keith Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 05:40 AM
John, glad to hear your son will be able to help you import the photos from your I-Phone to your Windows PC. I'm sure you'll be posting pics here shortly.

Here's a pic I took several days ago while deer hunting. It's an old Bessemer Hit and Miss single cylinder engine that was used in an oil well pumphouse. Although the pumphouse and linkages to the rocker pumps are long gone, this one is kind of unusual in that it has two flywheels, and the cylinder head water jacket is still mostly intact. Most I find have just one much larger flywheel. I leaned my Marlin 1895 .45-70 next to a flywheel for a size reference.

Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Argo44
I have to admit, I still use handsaws and up until recently a Brace & Bit).

There's an alternative to a brace and bit now, for drilling holes?
Posted By: GLS Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 01:02 PM
Sometimes there's some delay in the autoloading of photos from phone to Google cloud photos. In those cases, I can email photos from phone to my email address. There is no shrinkage of file size to do so. Gil
PS: As pointed out by Brent, text does alter file size; not so with email. My phone is a Google Pixel 6XL. Can't predict what Iphones or other droids will do, but automatic transfer of phone photos to cloud is seamless.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 05:28 PM
I have IMGUR. I email them to myself. Then go to the email and load them to the pictures section on my laptop. Then I go back to Imgur, draw them from my pictures to IMGUR. Then I take them to Doublegun and post them there. Works for me. Now if I could only shoot something to show. smile
Posted By: coosa Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 09:16 PM
I don't know if Apple has the equivalent, but if you have a Google account then you should have access to Google Drive. It's one of the default apps you get with an Android phone, and all my files and photos back up to it. If I should lose my phone, I still have everything in the cloud on Drive.

But what a lot of folks don't know is that you can easily add Drive to your computer and set your phone and computer to automatically sync everything. If I wanna post from the computer, there's no need to email the picture to myself; just open the Drive app on the computer and find the picture. It's also an easy way to keep everything backed up all the time. It's also occasionally convenient to access a file I created on the computer from the phone.

I finally got so much stuff on Drive that I exceeded the limit Google allows in a free account. I had to start paying them for it, but it's a grand total of $1.50 per month and I can afford that. Just a hint to maybe make things easier. I'm still looking for that first picture from John. I'm confident he is gonna do it in spite of Tim Cook being purposely cantankerous. smile
Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 11:41 PM
Just testing, first post. Google photo's didn't want to display inline.

My William Cashmore sidelock.
Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/05/23 11:56 PM
Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 12:06 AM

Looks like it works!
Posted By: Fudd Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Argo44
I have to admit, I still use handsaws and up until recently a Brace & Bit).

There's an alternative to a brace and bit now, for drilling holes?

Perish the thought. The man's simply stating that he no longer drills holes.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by DropLockBob

Tells us more about your Cashmore. Does it have a model name and when was it built?
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 03:26 AM

Looks like it works!
Gorgeous gun!!
Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 03:52 PM
I only have a rough idea of the manufacture date, I'm just guessing 1890-1904. I really wish I knew, but info on Cashmore's seems to be scant. I'll post some more pix. It does have Cashmore's single trigger, which I haven't seen all that many. I am guessing it is the "Imperial" sidelock model, by referring to old catalog's.

Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 03:55 PM
Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jimmy W

Looks like it works!
Gorgeous gun!!

Thanks! It was my Dad's #1. He was a friend of Walter Clode's, so we were a WR household. lol. I knew Simon as well, toured the old factory back in the late 1980's.
Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 04:13 PM
I have had the gun since the 1980's, but I never realized that the trigger was selective until I read an old cashmore catalog.

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 04:24 PM
That is a really nice Cashmore. I have two, neither as nice as yours. A hammer game gun and a Paragon. I'd love a sidelock gun.

I have never seen nor heard of a single trigger Cashmore, so that is interesting also.

Both of mine have deep drops at the heel, close to 3". And lots of cast off - nearly an inch. They are the two guns I shoot best by a substantial margin.
Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/06/23 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
That is a really nice Cashmore. I have two, neither as nice as yours. A hammer game gun and a Paragon. I'd love a sidelock gun.

I have never seen nor heard of a single trigger Cashmore, so that is interesting also.

Both of mine have deep drops at the heel, close to 3". And lots of cast off - nearly an inch. They are the two guns I shoot best by a substantial margin.

I loves me some Cashmore. I have never owned a hammer shotgun, other than a muzzleloader, always wanted to. I have held a Paragon, years ago. They are very nice.

I had Westley's bend and fit mine to my measurement's that were taken when I visited the old factory. I hope they still have them on file, as I don't know what the cast measurement is.
Including a top view, so you can see the cast.

Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/07/23 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof

Tells us more about your Cashmore. Does it have a model name and when was it built?

Update: It looks like the earliest proof marks I can make out would be under the 1896-1904 rules. Anyone see anything else? I guess I should have put this all in a separate thread, right?
Posted By: DropLockBob Re: Posting photos here - 12/07/23 12:34 AM
Anyways, this is the model I suspect it could be. (from the 1900 Cashmore catalog).

Posted By: Ross5025 Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 04:08 PM
Test Photo

Test photo
Posted By: Ross5025 Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 04:35 PM
multipe pics
Posted By: Ross5025 Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 05:01 PM
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

test
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 05:06 PM
Fyi, the above posts by Ross5025 are by my son to help with me posting photos.
JR
Posted By: Thruxton Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 07:41 PM
Picture test.[Linked Image from tntfiles.com] 1937 Beretta SxS 12g
Posted By: Thruxton Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 07:44 PM
Another Beretta picture test
[Linked Image from tntfiles.com]
Posted By: Thruxton Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 07:46 PM
And another.
Posted By: Thruxton Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 07:54 PM
This is a gun I got from Holts last sale and the pictures are of it are as I found it, uncleaned. It seems to be quite a scarce model and apart from a touch of slackness on the face and bites, in useable condition. The bores are good and it still has full and full chokes and I only plan a light, sympathetic restoration, keeping most of the patina on the metalwork and signs of a life well lived on the woodwork. Does anyone know the reason for the grooves on the standing breech, round the firing pins and off to each side ?
Posted By: Thruxton Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 07:55 PM
Yet more !!
Posted By: graybeardtmm3 Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 09:09 PM
that is the w & c scott gas leakage escape design, patented by scott in the 1880's....in 1937, no doubt the patent had long since lapsed. they show up on many guns, and are a simple and elegant solution to a potentially problematic situation.

best regards,

tom
Posted By: Thruxton Re: Posting photos here - 01/31/24 09:57 PM
Thank you for that, it all goes towards understanding the detail of these old guns.

Regards,

Richard.
Posted By: keith Re: Posting photos here - 02/01/24 12:48 PM
Fyi, the above posts by Ross5025 are by my son to help with me posting photos.
JR

I'm glad to see you are getting it done John. It looks like your son has nailed it, because I see the trail camera image of a turkey near a feeder. As I told you before, my offer of any assistance I can give is still open, just let me know.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com