doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Owenjj3 B&P Upland game classic 12ga shells - 09/30/23 03:22 AM
I’m seeing reports on the Internet that B. & P. have released a new shotshell known as the upland game classic in 2 1/2 inch “low pressure” shells, #6, 7 1/2 & 8. Velocity is apparently 1160 FPS. They have appeared in a few places online for sale. Has anyone shot these shells or does anyone have a psi reading on them?
Posted By: LeFusil Re: B&P Upland game classic 12ga shells - 09/30/23 03:54 AM
No. Probably the same exact 2.5” shells they used to import for years that were priced around $120 a case…..these “new” shells are being sold for around $30 a box. I’m not that desperate.
As above, appears to be a reintroduction of the lower powered version of the "High Pheasant" 2.5" shell. The lighter pushed 28 gm to 1160 fps. The heavier pushed 30 gm to 1280 fps. Mention this because pressure for the heavy version was stated as 8416 psi in B&P literature.

Use both loadings. The softer version fed a fluid steel 1903 Sauer-Daly. In #6 it cycled my 391 and greatly disappointed crows out back.
Posted By: Chantry Re: B&P Upland game classic 12ga shells - 09/30/23 02:28 PM
A quick search shows cost is about $1.05 a shell, plus shipping and handling. A search of the B&P website shows 3 dealers within 75 miles of me and two of those are shooting clubs unlikely to sell me any unless I shoot them at the club.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/12-gauge/Baschieri%20%26%20Pellagri-shotgun?sl=2%201%2F2

Might be a good choice for the low volume shooter who might go through a box or two a year. I know I can't afford to shoot the B&P on anything resembling a regular basis.
I'm working on using up three flats of B & P CompOne shells. They're low pressure at about 6500 psi or less, and perform admirably, except for the fact that they misfire badly in most of my guns, vintage and modern. I might have gotten a bad lot, but others have told me they had the same issue with them. The problem is that they sit too deeply in the chamber and it causes light primer strikes. Thanks to a friend I have found a solution to that problem that makes them fire with 100% reliability. But, I'd be reticent to buy more of them unless I knew the issue had been resolved.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com