doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: I. Flues Gunsmith that can fix Flues Cocking Problem - 07/28/07 07:14 PM
Well, I did done did it this time.

In trying to cure the timing problem upon opening my 12 Ga Field Grade Flues (that had the original cocking lever bent and then broken) I have finally "fixed" my Ithaca Flues into a state of uselessness. (My own dang fault.) Any 'smiths out there that can fit and lengthen the cocking lever on a Flues? I'd tinker with it some more but a.) I'd probably make it worse and b.) with a new baby in the house my wife is far less understanding about my "free time."

The alternative is to part it out or sell it to someone as a project gun. I would have done this sooner but this gun is one of the few I own that I have smashed clays on a regular basis. Fortunately I don't need this gun but its slightly rough enough around the edges to take out when the weather turns bad. Ideas, comments, solutions, and some good natured criticism are always appreciated.

Mike Doerner
Mike, I suggest talking to Gunter Pfrommer, 540-484-5555. I am taking 3 Ithacas to him Monday.
Best, Walt
I'd bet our own Mike Orlen could fix it.
Posted By: cgs Re: Gunsmith that can fix Flues Cocking Problem - 07/28/07 08:45 PM
Hi,

I've made and fitted Flues cocking levers
from scratch. Not an easy job but if you
don't have any luck elsewhere, feel free
to contact me.

Dan May
dan@classicgunstocks.com
diamond gunsmithing in Ithaca NY. Good guy. worked at Ithaca for 30 years. Les is his name.
Originally Posted By: dubbletrubble
diamond gunsmithing in Ithaca NY. Good guy. worked at Ithaca for 30 years. Les is his name.

I've chatted with him before, and he doesn't work on Flues. I may contact one of the others listed.

Mike Doerner
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com