doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Ithaca Crass / Minier Barrels - 07/06/23 01:32 PM
Is this a set of barrels for a Crass or Minier?

All markings are shown.
Serial number is higher than the range I recall for the Crass/Minier models and shown here in "Other Useful Information"

Click on image for larger version.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: Austin Hawthorne Re: Ithaca Crass / Minier Barrels - 07/06/23 02:14 PM
looks like the barrel on my Minier.
Posted By: Researcher Re: Ithaca Crass / Minier Barrels - 07/06/23 03:07 PM
A 1906 vintage Minier according to the best Ithaca serial number chronology, the one in the second edition of Walter's book.
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Re: Ithaca Crass / Minier Barrels - 07/06/23 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Researcher
A 1906 vintage Minier according to the best Ithaca serial number chronology, the one in the second edition of Walter's book.

Thank you sir.
In theory I have a copy of Walt's book, but I cannot find it. crazy
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Ithaca Crass / Minier Barrels - 07/06/23 06:58 PM
I know all about in theory. I lend things out and then forget who had things last. I lent something out to a person who died and before I knew about it, his son sold off his stuff including what I lent him. I sent the borrower an email not knowing he was deceased. Did a search for his contact information and came across his obituary. So I dropped the issue. His son came across the email a couple months later and apologized for selling it. I told him it was water under the bridge and had moved on so no big deal. But I do try to keep a bit better track of things. I even get things returned from my kids when the borrow them these days, sometimes.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com