doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: MattH 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 06/23/23 12:20 AM
This year's event, the 25th Annual Vintage Gunners Cup, will be held September 7-9, 2023, at Warrington Sporting Clays in Wellsville, PA.

There are numerous area attractions for an extended trip or for non-shooting spouses/family members: National Civil War Museum, Gettysburg, Hershey Chocolate World and Park, Hershey Shopping Outlets, the capitol city of Harrisburg, Carlisle, Army Historical Education Center, Fly Fishing on the famous Yellow Breeches, The Appalachian Hiking Trail, Waggoner’s Gap Hawk Watch, Pinchot and Pine Grove Furnace State Parks, wineries, cider houses, golf courses,orchards, and much more!

The format will be similar to past Vintage Gunners Cups with shotgun side events on Thursday and Friday, and the main event on Saturday. Side events (hammerless and hammergun) will be held in all gauges from 10 through .410. In addition, other special events will include American Classics competitions, women's competitions, an 8-gauge challenge, the John Dickson & Son Round Action challenge and various side-games. There will be trappers on all stations this year.

For complete info, including pre-registration form and information on area accommodations, restaurants and attractions, visit the Vintage Gunners website at: https://vintagers.org/vintage-gunners-cup. Just scroll down to find the forms and vendor list and other information.

We'll have more updates on the Vintage Gunner website as the date approaches.

Here is the list of confirmed vendors and exhibitors as it stands now. We expect to add a few more.

Vintage Doubles
Robin Hollow Outfitters
Steve Barnett Fine Guns
Westley Richards
John Dickson and Son
Best Wingshooting
Geoffroy Gournet - Master Engraver
John Liberati Books
Hound and Hare
Stephen Cobb Quality Guns
Poulin Antiques & Auctions, Inc.
Morphy Auctions
Country Pursuits and Outfitters
Ermilio Clothiers
Woodcock Hill, Inc.
Thomas Bland & Sons Gunmakers Ltd.
Macnab Fine Shotguns & Accessories
John Allgood Sporting Arms
Dubarry of Ireland
A.H. Fox Collectors Association
L.C. Smith Collectors Association
Parker Gun Collectors Association
Lefever Arms Collectors Association
German Gun Collectors Association
American Custom Gunmakers Guild
Chris Batha
The Leatherman Traditional Leather Goods, Inc.
Heritage Guns
Feathers Fly
Leather Link Studio
Ruffed Grouse Society | American Woodcock Society
Delaney & Sons

Please come out and join us for the 25th Vintage Gunners Cup. It's going to be a great event and lots of fun!
Posted By: MattH Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 07/27/23 11:08 PM
Some additional vendors to enjoy:

Braeval Sporting Apparel
Connecticut Shotgun Mfg.
Henry's Fine Guns
Shenk Shotshell Co.
South Pioneers
Posted By: Nitrah Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 07/28/23 04:46 PM
I plan on being there and a friend will have a table, so I'll be putting up for sale a Purdey, Rizzini, DMB and possibly a Damascus barreled Dickson. Don't need to mention this site, I'll send some $ to Dave regardless.
Posted By: eightbore Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 07/28/23 11:42 PM
Nitrah, guess I'll give it a try. That's a better selection than the Vintage Cup at Hopkins a few years ago.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 07/28/23 11:51 PM
2 hours from Northern Virginia. I might as well drive up Saturday and see what's happening.
Posted By: eightbore Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 07/29/23 03:47 PM
Drive up Saturday and all you'll see is tailfeathers and taillights. The show runs from Thursday to Saturday, no Sunday events scheduled. Most promoters allow some early departures and some vendors start tearing down midday of the last day.
Posted By: MattH Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 08/17/23 12:55 AM
Hello All,

A few updates on next month's event:

Ammo: There will be a vendor selling low pressure 2.5 inch shells for 12 gauge. We may have an opportunity to buy 16, 20 and 28 gauge shells from Gamebore and have cases available at the show. Use this link for more info: https://madmimi.com/p/c03ee61

For more information on registration, vendors, food, lodging, etc, use these two links:

Vintage Gunners
https://vintagers.org/vintage-gunners-cup

Delaney & Sons
https://www.vintagegunnerscup.com/

There will be a challenge event: The Fox International Challenge
1. Challenge will be contested between any American made SxS and any European made SxS.
2. Qualification rounds will be shot on the 5-stand all day on Thurs 9/07, Fri 9/08 and Sat 9/09 with all scorecards submitted by 12 noon on Sat 9/09. No exceptions.
3. Scorecards must be marked with the manufacturer
Daryl Corona is the lead on this: dcorona28@gmail.com
Full rules on the Vintage Gunners Website.

Also, Morphy Auctions will be offering free professional photography for your guns (up to 3 I believe). You can sign up for a time slot here: https://www.timetosignup.com/delaney...sheet/1347001/

Hope to see many of you there. ----Matt
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 08/17/23 01:15 AM
I see Shenk shotshell company is displaying there. Am I the only one who feels it amusing that they are going to display/set up for showing and obviously to solicit business when folks on this chat site have been waiting several months for their orders and some complaints about not returning emails

Arrieta2
Posted By: Chantry Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 08/17/23 02:51 PM
Hopefully I might go next year. Having never been to a Vintage Gunners Cup is there an expected attire while shooting and anything else one should know to avoid looking foolish or breaking expectations?

What are the Wildcat and Long Bird side events?
Posted By: Nitrah Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 08/17/23 04:24 PM
I haven't been in years but expect to see some people dressed very Edwardian and others in casual shooting attire. I remember people in shorts, breeks, kilts and African safari attire. No judgement, it was all personal choice. A wide range of guns as well from Sterlingworths, BSS, LC to Purdey and H&H.
Posted By: Toby Barclay Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 08/18/23 07:36 PM
I will be there, Homeland Security permitting!
Not having exhibited since 2019, I hope you guys will speak slowly so this old guy from rural Suffolk, England can understand you!
I have a couple of very exciting items to show so expect lots of fun talking to interested gun-nuts!
See you there,
Toby Barclay,
Heritage Guns.
Posted By: Nitrah Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 08/18/23 07:58 PM
I will be either with Delaney's or more likely Dan Menser, and after the shooting is wrapped for the day we usually have a sampling of snacks and single malts or similar.
Posted By: DGM Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/04/23 12:30 AM
Looking forward to the Vintage Cup this coming week. The folks at Delaney & Sons have really been putting in a lot of work to make this a great event. I have really enjoyed the Youtube interviews they have done with the vendors and collector groups coming to the event. Very interesting and worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/@delaneyandsons9454
Posted By: SIXSKB Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/05/23 12:21 PM
Is it open to the public? Several of us from western Pa are interested and would like to attend.
Posted By: Hammergun Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/05/23 12:30 PM
Yes, open to everyone and I believe free admittance. Bring your sxs and pray the rain stays away.
Posted By: Nitrah Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/05/23 04:06 PM
Free admittance, and a number of side events to shoot. In my experience most all vendors are happy to discuss shooting, their guns or your gun. A chance to talk with English or Scottish trained gunsmiths.
Posted By: FlyChamps Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/05/23 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by SIXSKB
Is it open to the public? Several of us from western Pa are interested and would like to attend.

Free admission and all are welcome.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/06/23 12:28 PM
It all sounds like good fun. Sadly...I'm in the wrong timezone. Maybe another time?
Posted By: Bret Adams Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/06/23 01:26 PM
My wife and I will be there Thursday and Friday. I hope to shoot 6 or 8 classes, if I can stand the heat... I hope there is plenty of shade!
Posted By: tut Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/06/23 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Bret Adams
My wife and I will be there Thursday and Friday. I hope to shoot 6 or 8 classes, if I can stand the heat... I hope there is plenty of shade!

I will be helping man the Fox Collectors table for all 3 days. Assuming there is a tent, it will still be brutal. Hydrate hydrate. PS. I thought the Southern was warm and it was in the 80's.
Posted By: aw1776 Re: 2023 Vintage Gunners Cup - 09/06/23 09:28 PM
I’m planning on being there Friday and Saturday. I’d like to meet up with some other guys shooting. Let me know if you’re gonna be there and where we could be looking forward to it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com