doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: arrieta2 PolyWad - 05/15/23 07:30 PM
Does anybody know what happened to polywad? There has been nothing on their website, except coming soon. I left a message by phone early last week and no reply. On another chat website a few posts from a couple of years ago said they paid for shells and never got them. One said they requested a refund and were promised a refund and never received it.

Does anybody had any direct contact with them? Just wondering

Arrrieta
Posted By: FlyChamps Re: PolyWad - 05/15/23 07:43 PM
Based on several years of posts to this and other bulletin boards it's been pretty well determined that Polywad no longer manufactures shotgun shells for our older guns. And contact with them do not seem to produce responses. I wish it wasn't so but it is what it is.
Posted By: FallCreekFan Re: PolyWad - 05/15/23 07:58 PM
Called them recently. Still the same voice message that ends with “We’ll be happy to call you back as soon as possible.”

After Jay sold the company he stayed on for a period of time in a consultant role. His departure seems to have coincided with the COVID arrival and all went silent in Roberta (except the voicemail.)
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: PolyWad - 05/15/23 08:09 PM
Bought out and never made another shell
Posted By: GLS Re: PolyWad - 05/16/23 10:41 AM
Shortly after the sale by Jay to the new owners, I was able to order shells from Polywad, but canceled the order before shipment after the shipping costs for two flats was calculated to be twice what RST's shipping costs were for two flats. Polywad is located 192 miles from my home and RST at Friendsville, PA. 853 miles from home. Gil
Posted By: eeb Re: PolyWad - 05/16/23 12:28 PM
So Poly Wad was sold and the business shut down, I assume because of Covid related issues. What timing.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: PolyWad - 05/17/23 01:33 AM
Nah I just think they got bought out to be closed. It was before covid
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com