doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Buzz Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/09/23 10:36 PM
I have a real old pop out Perazzi trigger with very little blue that I’d like to have reblued. Please, any suggestions of a good person to do this. Thank you for your opinion.
Posted By: eeb Re: Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/10/23 12:14 AM
Coles Gunshop or Giacomo
Posted By: Brittany Man Re: Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/10/23 12:46 AM
This may not be relevant due to the change in operation of Giacomo Sporting but I had a fairly new at the time MX8 action, trigger group & forend iron reblued by Giacomo some years ago & I was very happy with the work.

The trigger guard had picked up a small "nick" in the bow which I polished out & the action was in very good shape except for blue wear on the edges of the frame. Giacomo suggested rebluing everything so that the polish & blue all matched & the result was like factory new. As I remember, cost was minimal & turnaround time was short. I just shipped him the action w/ trigger group & forend iron.

My understanding is that his son in law now runs the operation & this work was done back when the Grand American was @ Vandalia.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/10/23 02:09 AM
My experience with Giacomo's was not so satisfying as Brittany Man's. My Winchester imported MX 8 had the top rib come loose in a place or two. I sent it to him for relaying. The work was done, and has held for some three years, but when returned the rib was in a very slight curve from end to end. It took so long to have the work done the first time that i decided not to send it back for a second re-laying of the rib. This is not something that could have been "overlooked". All it takes to see the curve is to mount the gun and look down the barrels. Ray Charles could've seen it.

I might should have complained and possibly sent the gun back for correction but I decided that if they can't get it right the first time I had zero confidence that they could straighten it out the second ........... right or wrong.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/10/23 01:51 PM
Anyone heard of Al Lingham in Arizona?
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/10/23 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Buzz
I have a real old pop out Perazzi trigger with very little blue that I’d like to have reblued. Please, any suggestions of a good person to do this. Thank you for your opinion.

Buzz,
Jmo, but I would leave it as-is. To me a, little character from your finger wear while pulling the trigger is just right.
JR
Posted By: Buzz Re: Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/10/23 11:50 PM
Thx for your opinions and info. I may leave these 2 old triggers alone or go for rust blue. The triggers originally were hot blued but I don’t think it matters all that much if I go for a rust blue now. I bought these 2 triggers (release triggers) used a long time ago and the bluing was pretty rough even then.
Posted By: mel5141 Re: Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/16/23 07:42 PM
Phillip Crenwelge ( now in East Texas ) does excellent work on P-Guns , as well as almost all high quality target/competition guns......My only personal experience with his re blueing was, and remains very Satisfactory.
An early 80"s MX8 20 that saw heavy use here and much high volume foreign dove shooting over the years. Great guy, stays VERY Busy
Trades as Phillip's Gunsmithing.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Blue Perazzi pop out trigger - 03/16/23 11:14 PM
Thanks. I know Phillip well. He is an excellent gunsmith. He fitted up 2 Perazzi barrels to the action for me. Perazzi couldn’t have done it any better. He’s a pro, for sure. He also rejuvenated a TM1 precision gold release trigger that was amiss for me. Came back perfect. He’s real good on release triggers! Understands them.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com