doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Fieldsport for sale - 02/15/23 03:14 AM
Fieldsport LTD is for sale. Knock yourself out ....... I have no personal interest.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?uip=1#inbox/FMfcgzGrcXscGWSpWzKBswbJMHZqHrZC
Posted By: mark Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/15/23 03:26 AM
Brian B. If you’re business sells you our Dave $12
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/15/23 12:52 PM
Maybe try this-- "Brian B.- if your business sells-etc," Just sayin'. I know Brian B.- he and Kirby Hoyt are the only firearm dealers I would do business with, now that Brad B. is no longer with us, sadly. RWTF
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/15/23 04:13 PM
I'm sure Brian deserves a well earned retirement. I've done plenty of business with him, and have found him to be a good person to deal with. Best wishes to him.
Karl

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/16/23 03:50 PM
Brian is a great guy. I have known him more than 35 years. I first met him in Houston when he opened the Orvis store. Like some of us, time to go on down the road.

Old guard like Brian and myself have called it a day. The old guard is dwindling. Few new going in the business.

Some of the old guard from the past:

Mike Weatherby-passes away
Don Schrum:passed
Thad Scott:Past
Art Bright: Well
Jimmy Austin: well
Bill Ward:passed
Bill Moore:passsed
Bill Jaqua:passed
Mike Decheaoux (spelling) well

Many more as well, just a few listed and the ones that I was closer to.

John Boyd
Posted By: AGS Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/16/23 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by arrieta2
Brian is a great guy. I have known him more than 35 years. I first met him in Houston when he opened the Orvis store. Like some of us, time to go on down the road.

Old guard like Brian and myself have called it a day. The old guard is dwindling. Few new going in the business.

Some of the old guard from the past:

Mike Weatherby-passes away
Don Schrum:passed
Thad Scott:Past
Art Bright: Well
Jimmy Austin: well
Bill Ward:passed
Bill Moore:passsed
Bill Jaqua:passed
Mike Decheaoux (spelling) well

Many more as well, just a few listed and the ones that I was closer to.

John Boyd

Good Lord, how old are we all getting? I remember when the "old guard" Roy Weatherby passed away, and I realized that was 35 years ago.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/16/23 08:12 PM
Let's not forget my good friend Steve Barnett. Greatly miss visiting with him.
JR
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/17/23 12:35 AM
I have a list of more than a dozen from this board, who are missed as well. Maybe two dozen. Major knowledge base lost forever, along with a few grumpy post which amused me from time to time. Problem is we have gotten old, many started late in life and 20 years adds a lot when you are not young to start. But as some drop out a few come along and we get a fresh infusion of members.
Posted By: ed good Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/17/23 05:07 AM
this is why it is so important for us to use this fine forum to share and document what we know about doubleguns...
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/17/23 01:03 PM
Words of wisdom indeed, Herr Flammenwurfer!! Der Fuchs..
Posted By: keith Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/18/23 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by mark
Brian B. If you’re business sells you our Dave $12

If I understand this correctly, it appears that mark thinks Brian B. is advertising the sale of his Fieldsport business here, and would thus owe Dave Weber $12.00 if the business is sold as a result. It is also interesting to see who "Liked" this grammatically incorrect post from mark. It should tell us something about integrity, or lack thereof.

But mark (and his "Liker") should note that it was Stan who made this post announcing the sale. I am assuming Stan did this on his own, and not at the request of Brian B.

In that event, Brian B. would not owe Dave anything... although he might be pleased if this post resulted in the sale of his business. He might even be honorable enough to pay Dave the $12.00 commission for a successful sale. I'd bet he would be happy to pay $12.00 if Stan's post helped him to sell Fieldsports to someone who saw it here.

This is absolutely nothing like those who knowingly engage in continual free advertising of their business in their taglines, and then neglect to pay Dave when those free advertisements for things like "born again birdguns", "metalsmithing", or "firearms import services" result in sales and income for moochers who try to circumvent the system.

I've noticed that it does seem to be a Liberal Democrat thing...

https://sonichits.com/video/The_Moochers/Stevie_-_Original_Mix

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: SKB Re: Fieldsport for sale - 02/18/23 09:58 PM
I love a good weekend rant!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com