doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: jldidier A new gun ... - 02/14/23 11:08 PM
Hi all,
The several side by sides I have are older than myself and I now have an interest in acquiring a new shotgun . Thought a high condition used ICD would possibly work out but not so much . So to the point , the two guns I have interest in are a Rizinni Regal Elite o/u and a Zoli Pernice o/u . Both 28 gauge . If you have familiarity with these shotguns your thoughts please.
Regards , Jim
Posted By: John Roberts Re: A new gun ... - 02/14/23 11:39 PM
Both guns close equals in quality, so personal taste in looks and feel will be important. Pernice is a good bit more money. I like Zolis., but to your question, the only experience I've had was with a Verona LX 980, which is a Zoli. It was flawless in looks and performance.
JR
Posted By: Gr8day Re: A new gun ... - 02/14/23 11:52 PM
Do you currently own a ICD 28g?
Posted By: jldidier Re: A new gun ... - 02/14/23 11:59 PM
I do not currently own an Ithaca Classic Doubles 28g . I thought one was in the mix in a suitable number range but seems not . Nice guns. It was a 4E .....
Posted By: Bluestem Re: A new gun ... - 02/15/23 12:09 AM
The mechanics of the Pernice are more similar to a Perazzi: It has a Boss lock-up and detachable trigger group (that is beautifully machined and finished), which sets it apart from the typical Rizzini/Caesar Guerini/Beretta, etc. Wood grades seem to vary more with the Pernice. I've seen some with rather plain wood (for the price), while others had much more figure and contrast. I have a 28-gauge Pernice that I shoot for skeet, sporting, quail, and dove. I love the Pernice but doubt you can make a wrong choice between the two.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com