doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC Nation wide shortage of 20 gauge shells? - 12/16/22 01:16 PM
Seems there are few and far between right now. Strange
Ammoseek seems to have quite a few dealers selling 20's, just not in Arizona. They're exspensive though around $9.00 a box plus shipping.
Got to look better, seeing more 20’s than 28’s
Posted By: nca225 Re: Nation wide shortage of 20 gauge shells? - 12/16/22 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by RARiddell

Yeah, the lack of 28's hurts. When I made my annual Pa'tridge Pilgrimage this year I though I was a luckies guy in the world when i found a few boxes in 3/4 oz loads with 6's. Lucky, but still embarrassed by what I had to pay for them.
Posted By: mc Re: Nation wide shortage of 20 gauge shells? - 12/16/22 04:46 PM
I am in small town east arizona there are 20s and 12 but 850 box 28 at 12 to 15 a box.
You're fortunate to be able to buy any gauge shotshells right now for $8.50/box.
Posted By: mc Re: Nation wide shortage of 20 gauge shells? - 12/17/22 01:53 AM
Federal 1 1/8 oz 1200 fps 7.5 shot 3dram 34.00 per 100 plus tax that was in Oct.so things might have changed and I have started reloading again so I'm covered..
PM sent
Originally Posted by nca225
Originally Posted by RARiddell

Yeah, the lack of 28's hurts. When I made my annual Pa'tridge Pilgrimage this year I though I was a luckies guy in the world when i found a few boxes in 3/4 oz loads with 6's. Lucky, but still embarrassed by what I had to pay for them.

Lack of low pressure 28's for sure. Academy has plenty of 28's and 12 gauge on their shelves right now. Walmart has 20 and 16's this week. Happy hunting! Didn't think we would ever be adding ammo to our hunting list. Makes it frustrating for sure
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Nation wide shortage of 20 gauge shells? - 12/17/22 08:21 PM
These never ending shortages make me very glad I have the option to reload. During the Trump years I built back up my stocks. Two years into our glorious build back better world I still have enough to last me until the next election. Being a hoarder of reloading stuff it seems many of my foolish hoarding was really brilliant foresight. Who knew. Merry Christmas to all.
I just looked at 3 places in Tennessee. Not one box of 20’s. Pretty many 28’s. I’m thinking of getting a 20 but not if I can’t get any shells
Posted By: keith Re: Nation wide shortage of 20 gauge shells? - 12/18/22 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by KY Jon
These never ending shortages make me very glad I have the option to reload. During the Trump years I built back up my stocks. Two years into our glorious build back better world I still have enough to last me until the next election. Being a hoarder of reloading stuff it seems many of my foolish hoarding was really brilliant foresight. Who knew. Merry Christmas to all.

Who knew??? Let's think about this.

We saw ammo and component shortages when Clinton was elected, and prices of guns spiked too.

Then things stabilized, and prices fell somewhat on guns and ammo when young George Bush took office. This was in spite of much greater demands on ammunition manufacturers due to the Gulf War.

Then we once again had ammo and reloading components shortages and massive price increases when Obama was in the White House. For the first time, shooters saw prices of common factory loaded handgun and rifle ammo like 9 m/m and 5.56 m/m or .223 approach or even exceed a dollar a round. Even cheap .22 rimfire shells cost over $50.00 a brick, if you could find any.

Then Trump got elected, and things got much better. Ammo and gun prices came down, and supplies were much more stable. We didn't see these frequent Threads complaining about ammo and reloading component shortages. Gun owners breathed easier, except for the ones who were always hyperventilating due to their Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Then Biden gets into the White House, and we once again have ammo shortages, and high prices on ammo (and everything else too). And the Supply Chain is still a mess long after the Covid19 pandemic panic ended. Of course, Russia should now have an easier time sourcing guns and ammo, because Putin wisely got Biden to trade the dangerous International Arms Dealer Viktor Bout for a lesbian WNBA drug abuser... while the ex-Marine Paul Whelan is still rotting in a Russian prison.

But some gun owners still can't connect the dots, and continue to support anti-gun Democrats...
Posted By: Mark II Re: Nation wide shortage of 20 gauge shells? - 12/18/22 04:11 PM
The 20's will probably be a later production run. My guess is they are cranking out all the 12's they can right now for the upcoming target season.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com