doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/27/22 02:26 PM
Looking at maybe buying a small gauge 410 Pernice. Any comments on this gun?
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/27/22 04:31 PM
I have an opinion. They’re badass.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/27/22 05:04 PM
Great guns but not cheap.
Posted By: Bluestem Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/27/22 09:19 PM
I've been shooting a 28-gauge Pernice for almost two years, using it for sporting clays, skeet, dove, and quail. Mine weighs 6-lbs, 11-oz with 30" barrels and factory rubber recoil pad (it also comes with a Zoli wood pad). It feels and handles much like a Perazzi MX28 (at a fraction of the price). It is steady and smooth. Metalwork is great, and the drop-out trigger group is nicely machined and finished. The laser-cut and hand-chased engraving is well done, with good depth and shading. Ten-year transferrable warranty and lifetime for the barrels. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. LeFusil went over my gun and, as you see above, bestowed it with the title "badass" - that's high praise from him. Some of the .410 Pernice sale prices listed at Gordy & Sons are a steal.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/28/22 12:25 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhh!
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/28/22 12:26 AM
Is your 28 on a 20 gauge frame?
Posted By: Bluestem Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/28/22 12:33 AM
I believe that the .410, 28, and 20 share the same receiver. The 12 obviously has its own.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/29/22 10:16 AM
Does anyone here know the standard stock dimensions on these guns? I looked through Gordy's info, went to Zoli's home website and cannot find the DAH measurement. They say the pull is 14 3/4" so I would have assumed the other measurements would be there too, but they aren't.

My reason for asking is that so many of the Italian O/U guns today are stocked too high for me, at about 2" DAH. I just cannot shoot a gun stocked that high.

Maybe Zoli would take an order for custom dimensions?
Posted By: Buzz Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/29/22 12:09 PM
Zoli has a form to fill out for custom stock and forearm. Perazzi will make a custom stock too. MX410….wouldn’t that be sweet!
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/29/22 12:34 PM
30" .410 barrels are very interesting, be better at 32" but do they weigh 6.11 or more? That does say built on a 20 gauge frame and not gauge specific. They do seem to be a lot of gun for the money. So many nice guns and so little time.
Posted By: Bluestem Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/29/22 01:02 PM
The folks at Zoli USA are very accommodating for questions and service: https://zoliusa.com/ I bought my gun through Carlson Sporting Arms, and he was great to work with, too.
Posted By: Bluestem Re: Zoli Pernice , opinions? - 10/29/22 01:18 PM
My Pernice stock measures 14.75" LOP, 1.25" DAC, 2" DAH, with a bit of cast-off. The trigger blade is adjustable to suit your grip.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com