doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Little Creek Stock making - 09/23/22 08:38 PM
Who has a recommendation for pantograph treatment of stock blanks. I have finished several stocks but don't work directly with the blank.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Stock making - 09/25/22 10:30 AM
Try this fellow, LC. Been several years since he did "turned" a blank for me, but I was well pleased. I can't guarantee the info is correct, given the amount of time that has passed but, maybe ......

Evans Compton
8184 Dull Rd.
Clemmons, NC 29012

336-766-0271
Posted By: susjwp Re: Stock making - 09/25/22 01:02 PM
There is probably some one closer to you on the West Coast, but Dan Rossiter, Custom Stocks and Steel, Athens, PA, 570-888-5509, will cut your wood or supply wood for you. He cut a fore end for me, reasonable in price and time.

Good luck.
Posted By: Little Creek Re: Stock making - 09/25/22 02:59 PM
Any makers in the western US? Who has experience with Macon or Wenig in Missouri?
Posted By: mc Re: Stock making - 09/25/22 03:50 PM
Do you have a pattern ? The old stock to make it into a pattern?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Stock making - 09/25/22 10:31 PM
I'm a little confused, LC. Are you going to drive it there, or send it? If you're sending it, what does it matter if it goes to the east coast or the west? A few dollars difference in shipping costs, at the most?
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: Stock making - 09/26/22 02:34 PM
I have two recommendations that I have used extensively over the years. The first is Gene Simillion in Colorado Gene does very fine work and is my go to guy for exacting work on complicated stocks. He is expensive but worth every penny. The second is Donnie Gemmes (Show-me-gunstocks) in Missouri. Donnie also does fine work on less complicated stock. He is also very inexpensive, I've told him he needs to raise his prices.

I only use duplicated stocks if I have a very good pattern to use. It saves the client a lot of money. If I don't it's the old "from the blank". A current project is a Remington rolling block #2 frame with a sporter style stock. It will be " from the blank".
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com