doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: damascus Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 07:24 PM
It is with some sadness that I inform you good people, that today the ninth of august that the united kingdom's Queen Elizabeth passed away. I am not a monarchist but she has been there for all my life so it is like losing the nations grandmother. Well she has been the longest reigning monarch in our last thousand years of history.
Posted By: Parabola Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 07:56 PM
We have lost a beloved Monarch.

The world has lost a wise, principled and exemplary leader, as well as a keen sportswoman.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 08:03 PM
Ninth of August?
She was my monarch (I can't believe Queen is censored. Dave, fix that! How would you like to have the word President bleeped out, say when Ronald Reagan died) for my entire life. And a pretty damn good one. I never met her but my Uncle hosted her for dinner a number of times and even danced with her.

Charles III has very big shoes to fill. I doubt he's up to the task. 50 years of watching him hasn't encouraged me.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 08:49 PM
I am neither British nor a monarchist but am deeply saddened by this news. She was a good and faithful servant to her country and well lived. I don't believe any of us alive today will see another leader serve his/her country as well and as long as she.
Mike
Posted By: Argo44 Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 09:02 PM
So sorry to hear of the dealt of la Reine Elizabeth. I was a child when she became La Reine and remember the news reels of her coronation. We actually stayed at the treehouse hotel in Kenya where she received the news of the death of her father. I'm not a big fan of the UK class system but she was an admirable person. And I think King Charles III will be better than people expect. The way he handled the attempted assassination in Australia was very well done.
It’s very weird for me.

We were just at the Braemar games (near Balmoral) on Saturday, and the royal family was in attendance commemorating the new pavilion.
I didn’t know that the [censored - come on man!] was ill.

Now we are back from Inverness, and I learned she had passed away.

At the concert this evening everyone mourned the loss.

I have always felt that she was regal. That she represented all the good things I’d like to see in a leader.

May she Rest In Peace, and her memory always be admired.
My sincere condolences to all of our British brothers here and those across the Commonwealth.
Posted By: eightbore Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 09:46 PM
In the mid 1950s, when Liz visited Washington, my dad told me about walking down Pennsylvania Avenue early one morning, by himself. He was a block from his office, in front of the White House when a limo slowly passed. He waved and Liz waved back. He found the wave to be a once in a lifetime event. That weekend, he and I attended a University of Maryland football game with Liz in attendance. I still have the program.
Posted By: graemea Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 09:47 PM
Yes, she's been our monarch all my life. She was a wonderful example of dignity and duty and an inspiration to millions, like her mother before her.

She lived an industrious and good life and is with her beloved husband once again.

RIP Elizabeth II

Long live King Charles III

I'm sure he'll make a better king than many expect.
Posted By: liverwort Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 09:52 PM
God Bless Elizabeth. My sincere sympathy to all who loved her.
We lost a great Lady today. RIP.
Posted By: SKB Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 10:50 PM
A classy lady through and through, she will be missed. RIP.
Posted By: PhysDoc Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/08/22 11:30 PM
My condolences on the passing of Her Majesty
Posted By: eeb Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 12:38 AM
During the Bicentennial here in Virginia I saw her in Charlottesville after her visit to Monticello. That’s Thomas Jefferson’s home for those of you in Rio Linda. Anyway as her motorcade passed me she looked right at me and waved her wave. It was great. I saw her again when she came to Richmond for the 400 anniversary of Jamestown. She was a great lady who devoted her life to the people of GB. End of an era.
Posted By: BillK Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 01:32 AM
A great leader indeed and an inspiration to millions. May she rest in peace.
Regina mortua est, vivat rex.

Ioannes K.B.
Posted By: LGF Re: [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 03:33 AM
I have never taken much interest in the royal family and so am surprised at my sadness today. She has been a fixture for humanity, a steadfast rock of stability, grace, and dignity for a world more in need of them with every passing year. My little daughters and granddaughters always adored the story of the Princess who went up a tree in the evening and came down a [censored - come on man!] in the morning. I think Charles will be an excellent and influential King; we need more world leaders as aware as he of the immense threats faced by life on Earth. Long Live the King.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 09:40 AM
As the Bible words it concerning the kings of Israel ......... "and she rested with her fathers". May that rest be peaceful. My condolences to all her countrymen.

The world needs more leaders who possess the dignity and grace she exhibited. And, while we're at it, a few more tough ladies like the Iron Maiden, Maggie Thatcher. You Brits did well in both those two.

Long live the king.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 02:00 PM
I was thinking about the continuity of the British monarchy in the context of my great-grandfather's life. He was born in Scotland during the reign of [censored - come on man!] VIctoria, which still had more than a quarter century to run, and died a U.S. citizen when [censored - come on man!] Elizabeth had been on the throne for 20 years. He'd have been astounded to realize that she still had another 50 years to reign.

May she rest in peace and may her family be comforted by her memory.
Posted By: Toby Barclay Re: Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 07:05 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I, and a majority of my countrymen and women, are terribly sad about our loss.
Elizabeth II was a mother, grandmother and great grandmother to us all and will be greatly missed.
RIP
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 07:12 PM
Catholic School-3 years Latin-- The [censored - come on man!] is dead, long live the King. Charles the Third-- wonder if his poker and polo pals call him "Chuck"?? Most likely not. RWTF
Posted By: mc Re: Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 10:26 PM
I had read that Elizabeth was at a pheasant shoot and rung a wounded birds neck and some media went nuts on the next Sunday she had a pheasant feather in her hat and I thought what a great way to say stick it.she had a good run
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Elizabeth II - 09/09/22 10:41 PM
Dignity, determination and devotion to duty, family and God
https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...h-ii-personal-faith-christian-bible.html

And she enjoyed a day afield

Helmington Estate, Suffolk, 1995

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Mark's reference, in 2000
https://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=82100&page=1

If one were a praying type, it would be worth praying for King Charles; that he will be up to the enormous responsibility. And for the British security services as they prepare for the funeral and Charles' coronation.
Posted By: spring Re: Elizabeth II - 09/10/22 12:52 AM
The Qu@@n as a Sportswoman

And she learned how to shoot at a young age.... for a different reason.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
Posted By: GLS Re: Elizabeth II - 09/10/22 01:22 PM
I was having dawn coffee with my mom this morning and we talked about the Q ueen's death and were both saddened by it. My grandmother, a native Bermudian, daughter of a Bermuda farmer, instilled in mom a love of the monarchy. Mom has been flying the Bermuda flag in recognition of the loss. Gil

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: craigd Re: Elizabeth II - 09/10/22 01:56 PM
There's an interesting book, The Royal Gunroom at Sandringham. I wonder if the [censored - come on man!] had ever done a walk through, a selected a gun or two for the field that day.
Posted By: lagopus Re: Elizabeth II - 09/10/22 02:40 PM
The end of an era and the beginning of a new one. Whether Royalist or not she was without doubt one of the world's greatest Diplomats.

As for Charles; he is a keen Countryman and a keen conservationist. A friend of mine actually taught him the art of Hedgelaying which is something he does for outdoor recreation.

I recall being in the village of Ballater some few years ago which is the village closest to Balmoral Castle when HMQ (we'll see if that's censored!) did a ceremony to dedicate a new bridge in the village. The 'walkabout' was only really something that the locals knew about. I was there on holiday and a coach load of American tourists just happened by pure chance to be there also. Judging by the comments it sort of made the whole trip. I have faith in the new King doing a good job but I think that when William's turn comes that he will make our greatest Monarch. Lagopus.....
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com