doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good writings of the agents of evil - 07/13/22 06:10 PM
anyone else here familiar with "the screwtape letters" by cs lewis? if not google it...
otherwise here is a link to updated versions as applied to shotguns...

https://www.shotgunworld.com/thread...tm_campaign=ed1983&utm_content=iss39

be careful out there... evil is lurking everywhere...even on this fine forum ah sus spect...
Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: writings of the agents of evil - 07/13/22 06:12 PM
Good old Uncle Screwtape.
Lewis was quite the political muckraker.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: writings of the agents of evil - 07/16/22 11:48 AM
You might also want to read his book on Christian life- "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe"..RWTF
Posted By: ed good Re: writings of the agents of evil - 07/16/22 05:01 PM
uh guys, this thread is not about cs lewis...

it is supposed to be about the degenerates who endorse shooting and collecting that obamanation known as the auto loading shotgun...

at least bo was photographed shooting an o/u, a deviate mutation of the classic sxs doublegun...
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: writings of the agents of evil - 07/16/22 06:48 PM
Damn- serves me right for being a man involved in literature. RWTF
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: writings of the agents of evil - 07/16/22 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by ed good
it is supposed to be about the degenerates who endorse shooting and collecting that obamanation known as the auto loading shotgun...

I'm glad I have a pair of Beretta 391's to run the only locally available shells through.

My side by side shotguns see less use now because everything under $9/box is 3deq.

I don't mind that with a near 9lb. target O/U, but with a 7lb SxS it's unpleasant.

My 20 gauge reloads are down to about a year supply now, so if some components don't bust loose soon I'll be in the degenerate camp for a while.

At least I'll be shooting, until this gets so expensive I have to take up something cheap like polo or offshore sailboat racing.
Posted By: ed good Re: writings of the agents of evil - 07/17/22 01:57 AM
long barrelled bss run about eight pounds...with weights you could get it up to nine pounds...
Posted By: 1916XE Re: writings of the agents of evil - 07/17/22 01:47 PM
O dear, and here is me thinking that my HE Super Fox is an excellent balanced upland bird gun.
At any rate it is, if the geese are flying uphill
toward a gaggle of mountain turkeys.

Nash Buckingham used a 34 in barreled Parker before Bo Whoop and other Fox guns.
My dog does not like OU shotguns....never owned one.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com