doublegunshop.com - home
Photographed some of my pinfire fireworks cartridges today and wrote a little article on them. They allowed anyone with a pinfire shotgun, pistol, rifle or cane gun to shoot fireworks into the air. Heh.. the period catalogs stated that they do not cause any recoil so they can be safely used by ladies and children!

The full article with snippets from catalogs and more detailed information and images can be read here: https://aaronnewcomer.com/pinfire-fireworks-cartridges/

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Very interesting, Aaron. Thanks for your contributions and ......... HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !!!
Great collection! Will forward link to my firewors collector buddies. Like to see same for center-fires.
Originally Posted by Hal
Like to see same for center-fires.

Here are at least some of the shotshell box labels for centerfire ones from the same SFM reference collection:

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Ruggieri.....the greatest fireworks family that even lived. Turned the whole business from simulated military to theatrical artistry. First to send living things to the skies with rockets and return them successfully back to ground.
Wonder if the bird dogs of that era were as averse to fireworks as I read some are today.

I also wonder if the dog owners of that day had to babysit their bird dogs, in the house, until all the aerial displays were done, to prevent irreparable physcological damage.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com